Anyone had a problem with warranty replacement on banged up phone?

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
The speaker on my phone rattles and the vibrating is starting to fizzle out so i want to get it replaced before the warranty runs out. The case has scratches and dents "cheap plastic" and a few scratches on the screen. Will they still replace it. I don't want to drive 2 hour to the local Apple store for nothing.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
As long as the phone doesn't look like it has been abused, you shouldn't have any problem. If it is jailbroke, be sure to restore as a new phone.

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Yeah i have a cracked screen on my phone. Really tiny you cant see it straight on. I got a speaker problem like 5 months later and they wont fix it.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
I will just have to cross my fingers and try it.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Apple was very good about replacing my iPhone free of charge and out of warranty. The customer service rep said since I have been such a loyal customer throughout the years it was no problem. I was away from home at the time (in San Antonio, Tx) and the rep called ahead to the closest Apple Store (La Cantera Mall) and one was waiting for me when I got there. Apple's great customer service is how I justify buying their over priced goods. Mark

P.S. Why make a 4 hour drive. Have the replacement sent to your home.