Anyone have a Bluetooth car stereo?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
I had an iPod before with one of those transmitters so I can listen to my music on my car stereo. The quality was horrible and then I got a new stereo that had an iPod adapter and I wasn't happy with that either. I have seen some Bluetooth car stereos online and wonder if anyone had one. I know NOTHING about Bluetooth and was wondering if you can play your music through one of these since iPhone has Bluetooth.

P.S. Yes I know we don't know anything about iPhone and if it will work like this. We do know it has Bluetooth and I just want to know if anyone has one of these already and if they have used it with there current phone.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
For stereo audio to be transmitted via bluetooth to something like a car stereo or headphones, both devices must support the A2DP profile. If they both support the AVRCP profile you can even control the iPhone from the car stereo/headset.

I expect the iPhone to support this profile since it is so multimedia rich, but we don't know for sure yet. Assuming it does, the iPhone should work fine with any A2DP accessory.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I have a Pioneer DEH-P980BT and it works great with my Blackjack with music stored on the microSD card. I am willing to bet that the iPhone will work as well or even better.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Those FM transmitters are crap... in any relatively decent-sized town, you'll surely get interference.

I use my iPod's headphone jack hooked up via the aux input on my Pioneer's deck. Works pretty well... pull the headphone out and the music stops. You don't get iPod control on the deck and it doesn't charge the battery but the former usually is only a half-baked solution anyway and the latter if you need it you can get a car charger.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Those FM transmitters are crap... in any relatively decent-sized town, you'll surely get interference.

I use my iPod's headphone jack hooked up via the aux input on my Pioneer's deck. Works pretty well... pull the headphone out and the music stops. You don't get iPod control on the deck and it doesn't charge the battery but the former usually is only a half-baked solution anyway and the latter if you need it you can get a car charger.
I have the same setup. Works fine for me. I suppose an incoming call would still mute the music fine and I guess I'd hear the call through the car stereo and talk into the phone like a speakerphone? That wouldn't be half bad. :)

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I wonder how the iPhone will deal with that... because I was thinking that would be the easiest way do it. If you play it through the speakers, there probably won't be any "feedback" unless you got the volume super loud but the person on the other end may be able to hear themselves though... I'd imagine a bluetooth headset in this situation might be the way to go, since Apple might cut the sound to the headphones then.