Anyone have a source of Infocom z3/5/8 Files?

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
I'm stoked the NES emulator made it over but while I lode ROMs I realize without a bluetooth controller this is no platform to be playing NES games.

But the text game emulator ROCKS!

I think the infocom games are much better suited but I can't find an archive of the z3 z5 or z8 file to put in my directory.

anyone know where I can find the Infocom catalog?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Here is a pretty good site for more information about Infocom and their library of games.

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Infocom/

I've downloaded "Zork: The Underground" from that website, it was in the format that Frotz uses.

As for the other Zork adventures, I was able to find them right on the iBrickr app repository for the iPhone:

http://pxl.ibrickr.com/

It contained all 3 Zorks from what it looks like. I'm not certain because this is my first time every playing them, but I know the one I'm currently playing is definitely Zork 1, just moved the carpet to find the underground passage inside that infamous white house.

I've also managed to locate the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I'm really looking forward to playing after Zork. You can find it here:

http://www.darryl.com/hitch/

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Thanks @x999x!

I love HHG, I bought the version for my commedor64 ages ago!

Now to find more files!

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks @x999x!

I love HHG, I bought the version for my commedor64 ages ago!

Now to find more files!
Glad to have helped! How about returning the favor?

I keep dying in HHG :(

I'm at the part where I'm lying in front of the bulldozer. Ford stops by and hands me a towel, and no matter what I do from there I keep getting hit in the head with a brick. I can't put my towel on my head because it says I need to be standing.

Yup, I'm stuck!

Any clues?

Last edited by a moderator:

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Glad to have helped! How about returning the favor?

I keep dying in HHG :(

I'm at the part where I'm lying in front of the bulldozer. Ford stops by and hands me a towel, and no matter what I do from there I keep getting hit in the head with a brick. I can't put my towel on my head because it says I need to be standing.

Yup, I'm stuck!

Any clues?
Wait until Prosser lies in mud. :p

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
LoL!

If memory serves me correct, it was the lead character that was laying down in front of the bulldozer in the book, which is why I proceeded to do the same. Guess that's a trap.

I just recently read Infocom's box description to HHG (on a link up top), and they mentioned that if you've read the book it's not going to do you a lick of good as the game's story diverges from the book's fairly early.

Thanks for the hint!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I can say it loudly and shamelessly: I have no idea. I have no clue what you're talking about. However, I'm trying to get to 250 posts before September 1st (a bet with a friend) without being too offensive or repetitive.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll point some friends to that for gaming sessions at work.

Frotz is pretty nice, it supports saves, restores and the like.