Anyone have iOS 7 Beta 1 Installed Yet? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Michael Baturin, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

So for some reason - even though I am an enterprise developer, I am having issues getting to the download page and UDID registration page (maybe not available for this type of dev account)

Anyways - how are you liking it?

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't heard anyone here that has it yet, but I'm sure you will see people post about it soon. I found this YouTube video in case you want to see what it looks and feels like:

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, I've been playing with it all night pretty much. Most of it I really like, but there are a few points where things in lists or menus just jumble together to my eyes. The only separations are white space and maybe some thin lines. For example, the "collections" tab in the Photos app, various points in Settings.

I probably just need to get used to it.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've only had the beta for about ten minutes, but so far I'm really liking it. The old '09 Web OS style app cards that you can flick up to close are pretty awesome and the implementation of the toggles is great. I love how you can access them from the lockscreen by just sliding up.

5. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

Despite a few previous installation hiccups, I'm pretty impressed. I haven't really put my phone down in a few hours. There are definitely a few bugs but for the first beta, I'm finding the stability very very good. My friends are over who haven't updated their phones yet and now, just after a few hours, their phones seem so antiquated, at least to look at.

6. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Yep I'm running it. I am not a huge fan of how the wallpaper moves when you move the phone though. Seems like a waste of battery running the gyro. Also I do not really like the bright blue bar that is the dock. But apart from those two things its a great overhaul! The typing on the screen seems to have improved 10 fold also. That could just be a placebo as I have never had a problem typing on the iPhone 5 screen anyway.

7. Prmatheron

Prmatheron New Member

I'm not really liking it.. Love the lock screen as no more bars top and bottom but the home page it very how can I put it dizzy.. I guess it is still a better and the lag might get better in time. Also when someone sends a message it goes below the keyboard so u have to scroll up to read. May restore back to ios 6.

8. IllusionEntity

Gold

You should have read the warnings. Apparently you cannot restore back to iOS 6. Unless you are using SHSH Blobs.

9. Prmatheron

Prmatheron New Member

That's cool I'll just have to get use to it, lol. I think it will get better in time I have all faith in Apple.

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Apparently you can down grade back to iOS 6. A few easy steps & putting your device in DFU mode:
    http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=31004

11. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Got it installed last night. I love the new UI but even more I love how fluid everything is. If I can say one thing about Apple it's that they definitely make the OS's flow well from screen to screen. Super buggy which is to be expected. Now the fun part. Testing our enterprise apps.

12. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

What does the charging screen look like?

Sent using iCafe app

13. IllusionEntity

Gold

The charging screen? I dunno but I should imagine you'll be seeing it often with this beta as the battery life (for me at least) is horrible. I don't understand why some betas have horrible battery life.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It looks like this when you first connect to a power source. It changes to the second screen a couple seconds later. You can tell it's charging because the battery on the status bar is green instead of black.
    image.jpg image.jpg

15. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Wow think you. I like that.

Sent using iCafe app

16. MountandJew

MountandJew New Member

So far, I'm happy to report that iOS 7 beta 1 is not as buggy as iOS 6 beta 1 from last year. While I have not had many crashes or issues as of late, I still would not recommend it as a daily driver.

17. Marc_

Marc_ Member
    Bronze

Been running it since this morning with zero crashes so far. Liking it. Home screen is very bright, those icons are going to take a while to get used to. Might be wrong but everything feels quicker. Loading a mail item, deleting one and navigating around feels much quicker. Good beta for me so far

Sent using iCafe app

18. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

It's luckily so easy to downgrade back this time around. Just option click in iTunes and select the 6.1.4 IPSW and that's it. I've done it a few times now.

For some reason, at first, my battery life was so awful. I put it down at 93%, went to take a shower, came back and it was at 74%. It was really bad. Then afterwards I used it a bit, drained the battery, and charged it up to 100 again using the wall charger rather than the USB, and now, after quite a bit of standby and usage, it's still at 100%. The only things I changed were the settings for background updating or whatever and revoked Weather's permission to use my location as I noticed it updated a little too frequently.

Anyway, try charging it using the wall charger (an iPhone specific one, not iPad etc) rather than your computer if you haven't already. I've noticed in general that my battery always lasted longer when charged via wall outlet rather than USB/iPad charger.

19. Kuntry

Kuntry Member
    Bronze

I would really like to give it a whirl. I know I haven't been around on EiC for a while. Kinda miss you guys like Europa and Naps ;) Don't have access to a Dev account so unfortunately I guess I'll have to wait till GM (unless one of the awesome members of these boards is feeling generous) ;P Appreciate all the pics and features you guys are keeping me up to date with tho!

Sent using iCafe app

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Let it run down to zero and power itself off. Sometimes the battery just needs calibrated before it will give a more accurate representation of the remaining percentage and draining it to zero will do that.