Anyone have iPhone launch camping experience in Annapolis area?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I live in NY, but it's looking more and more like I'll be in the Annapolis, MD area for the next iPhone launch. That assuming we get a launch sometime soon. I was curious if anyone has camped out at any particular mall or store. What can I expect? Outdoors? Indoors? What stores have the most stock?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That's the store (Annapolis Mall) where Kev waited in line for his 3G and 3GS. I think he's planning on having the iPhone 5 delivered, though.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
The stores in Md seemed to me to be under stocked. You are much better off ordering online. I intend to. Last time I camped out was for the 3G outside of the Frederick AT&T store. They only had enough devices on hand for the first 15 people. They had over 50 people waiting.

I've ordered online for the last two gens an had no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've camped out twice at the store at the Annapolis Mall. No problems getting one. As a matter of fact, when I showed up at about 6:00 am to get the 3GS, I wound up being #4 in line. The online ordering had taken a big chunk of the camping folks. If I can, I'd be glad to meet you out there.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've camped out twice at the store at the Annapolis Mall. No problems getting one. As a matter of fact, when I showed up at about 6:00 am to get the 3GS, I wound up being #4 in line. The online ordering had taken a big chunk of the camping folks. If I can, I'd be glad to meet you out there.
Cool. Do they allow you to stay inside overnight or will I need my foul weather gear?