Anyone have tendonitis since getting iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bluesy1, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Bluesy1

Bluesy1 New Member

I am experiencing some tendonitis all along my left arm (on the side where the pinky is, not the thumb). I realized that when using my ipHone, I tend to pick it up and hold it with my left hand. I have no pain in/near the thumb or in the tendons that extend from there, so it's likely not from using the thumb on the touchscreen.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. TrippalHealicks

TrippalHealicks New Member

No, but my finger motions have become more fluid and graceful. lol
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. IceTrAiN

IceTrAiN New Member

Do you use your iPhone alot while sitting in a chair with arms? If you are, when you are holding your phone and resting your elbow on the chair, you are putting significant pressure on a nerve in your elbow, and that may be where it's coming from. I had that when I was at a different position in my job, I had a habit of leaning back and resting on one elbow, and I had that crap in my arm for weeks.
  5. robhon

robhon New Member

I'd also suggest that you not self-diagnose a condition like tendonitis. If you are having pains that you think may be related to the way you are using your new iPhone, it might be a good sign that you should see a doctor and have it checked out.
  6. Bluesy1

Bluesy1 New Member

Yeah I do sometimes use it while seated in a chair with arms at my computer but I'm not sure whether I'm resting my elbow on the armrest. I'll have to keep monitoring my use and see what seems to make it better/worse. Thanks for the tip.
  7. fitz62

fitz62 New Member

nothing better to do I assume!?
  8. Bluesy1

Bluesy1 New Member

Good advice. Though if I ran to the doctor every time I had neck/shoulder/hand pain, I'd never get anything done! It doesn't help that I am writing a dissertation (and playing guitar for recreation)! :laugh2: