Anyone Have Updates on Campers/Line Waiters?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
if anyone is bored and lives in NY or Cali or other areas that iPhone lines are an issue...PLEASE update us with photos or written accounts of current lines. i am curious if anyone else is waiting (other than the 1st 2) already.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Last count was three at the NYC cube store, but that was like Monday afternoon. I'm sure there must be more people in line now but yeah if anyone has an update I'd like to hear it.

- SR

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I am going to the 5th Ave store in about a half hour, I will take pics with my shitty verizon camera phone and hopefully I can get in a word or two with Greg Packer, seems like in interesting fellow....I will post my results

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
New Yorkers Line Up Days In Advance For Apple iPhone
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=71163

There is one picture with this article and while it is hard to tell it looks like the line is up to at least seven people by now. You can still see the number 1 guy in the pic to. No time stamp on the photo though and those could just be people 'visiting' the line so to speak as opposed to official waiters.

- SR

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Customers Lining Up for Apple's iPhone
http://www.toptechnews.com/story.xhtml?story_id=1230074F0L0U

This story is about Jessica Rodreiguez who is evidently line waiter #4 outside the NYC cube store.

"Words can't express why I want an iPhone," Rodriguez said, sitting in a red folding chair she brought. "The main reason is (Apple CEO) Steve Jobs is a genius. He's a great innovator. It's going to be the next big thing in cell phones."

Oh come on, its not like he is Jesus or anything. I like Apple as much as the next guy but this Saintifcation of Jobs has to stop!

Why do I picture an SNL skit this weekend featuring a bunch of people waiting in line. It would be funny to watch though.

- SR

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
if anyone is bored and lives in NY or Cali or other areas that iPhone lines are an issue...PLEASE update us with photos or written accounts of current lines. i am curious if anyone else is waiting (other than the 1st 2) already.
i live in LA and i don't think line waiting is going to be a problem here.

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Customers Lining Up for Apple's iPhone
http://www.toptechnews.com/story.xhtml?story_id=1230074F0L0U

This story is about Jessica Rodreiguez who is evidently line waiter #4 outside the NYC cube store.

"Words can't express why I want an iPhone," Rodriguez said, sitting in a red folding chair she brought. "The main reason is (Apple CEO) Steve Jobs is a genius. He's a great innovator. It's going to be the next big thing in cell phones."

Oh come on, its not like he is Jesus or anything. I like Apple as much as the next guy but this Saintifcation of Jobs has to stop!

Why do I picture an SNL skit this weekend featuring a bunch of people waiting in line. It would be funny to watch though.

- SR
From the above article:

"It's partially about the experience of sitting outside in New York City waiting for something, but mostly because my boyfriend wants me to wait out here for the phone,” added another.

I think she needs to find a new boyfriend. I mean c'mon I hate my X but I wouldn't make her sit out in 90 degree heat for days... just to buy me an iPhone.

Ok, maybe I would....but I'm just saying'!

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
From the above article:

"It's partially about the experience of sitting outside in New York City waiting for something, but mostly because my boyfriend wants me to wait out here for the phone,” added another.

I think she needs to find a new boyfriend. I mean c'mon I hate my X but I wouldn't make her sit out in 90 degree heat for days... just to buy me an iPhone.

Ok, maybe I would....but I'm just saying'!
LOL yeah.. she could sit out there as long as she wants.. as long as she's payin haha