Anyone here have a scare with their iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Went to sleep around midnight last night, and put my iPhone on charge. I woke up at 7:00am or so when my girlfriend left work, and I checked my phone for new messages, of which I had none cause I am a big loser! Anyway I feel back to sleep, as I am on disability for a work injury I have no where to be and nothing to do. I woke up at 10:00am and checked my phone and it wouldn't power on or anything, completely dead! I about freaked out cause my iPhone is my life line to the entire world. Without my iPhone no one can call me cause I don't own a home phone and I use use the text messaging to keep in touch with my mom and my girlfriend. I tried everything I knew of to get it to power on, I pressed both buttons, hooked it to another charger and got nothing. Well I had to go to physical therapy at 11:00am so I packed my phone up and planed on going to the Apple store that is closest to me, down in South Hills. I live just outside of Pittsburgh so I got it made with having two stores to go to in our city! Thank you Carnegie Mellon University ! Anyway after therapy I decided to try one last time to get it to power on, the entire time its been back in its little box waiting to be exchanged, I held both buttons in for about 10 seconds and I got the silver Apple! Never have I been so excited to see a phone come on.

I guess the reason it was also a scare was that I have my phone jailbroken and am still running 1.0.2. I don't want to get a phone with the new firmware and lose my two precious apps, the ebook reader and Mobilechat. Its been a few hours now and everything seems fine, I am going to just guess that maybe since I had the brightness turned down so low I didn't see that it was on or maybe I just needed a simple reset. So as the title states has anyone else here had any scary moments with their iPhone?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I had that happen to my phone one time but after holding in the wake button for about 10 seconds it finally kicked into gear and lit up prompting me to reboot it. I did that and it came up fine. Had no problems since. I hope yours continues to work and gives you lots of fun.