Anyone here married?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
All that said, go ahead, many of us need to get our trainer marriage out of the way in our twenties, don't we?
Trainer Marriage? That's the second time today I have heard/seen that.
Depending on your religeous beliefs, Marriage should be a 1 time deal. I have many friends that are on number 2 or over with #1, and most still say the same thing. They wished that they had waited long enough to really know themselves as well as their spouses. I even had a friend that when he was about your age, his girlfriend gave him the ultimatum that either they get married, or she moves to Texas with her family. Of course, he didn't want to lose her, so they got married.
She moved home after 3 months, and they were divorsed after 4. Dated 2 years and knew NOTHING about each other or themselves.

The only advice besides what I already stated above, that I can give you, is that both of you have to take a look at each other in a completely logical perspective, with no emotion to cloud your judgment. Look at it like you were examining someone elses relationship. look for the things that might cause problems. The simplest bad habit can end up driving their spouse nuts.
The other thing I can tell you is that you can feel when it's right. Again, with no immediate emotion, none of that heartache that makes that pounding in your chest.
And lastly- and probably MOST IMPORTANTLY, You have to full acknowledge and accept that you are committing the rest of your life to one individual, and be OVERJOYED at the idea. With kids, Morgage, car loans, sickness, the whole 9 yards.
My Wife is my best friend, my lover, and my partner. Since we have met there have been a total of 9 days that we have been apart, 7 of those were when we first met and I had to go out of town. The other 2 was her bachellorette weekend.

If they are the right person, it doesn't matter what age you are, but always make sure that it's not just a long term infactuation.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Happily married 8+ years

We have a 2 1/2 old little boy that's just as cool as he can be

I can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend my time with. My wife and son.

All you younger people that are afraid of getting hitched because you still have to many "fun" things to do, if you find the right one (and not everyone does) you can still have your fun and share it together. I've been married since I was 20 and havnt looked back once and thought that I had made a mistake. That's how well my wife and I sort of "gel" I guess you can say.

My wife and I do 95% of everything together. Sure you're gonna want some time to yourself, but you understand what I'm saying.

I work with about 12 other guys at work, most of which are single, and I'm good buddies with a few. I've been invited to hang out with them on several occasions, but honestly I couldn't imagine doing anything without my wife! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!

Sorry didn't mean for this to be a long post, started to get carried away.

But good luck OP in whatever decision you make.

It's slow tonight so I'm just reading through old threads. This was so sweet - made my day!

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
It's slow tonight so I'm just reading through old threads. This was so sweet - made my day!
That is super cute. Although I have said this before I may as well add to this thread too because its getting close and exciting, I will be married in 56 days!
By the time we get married we will have been together for five years, and living together more than 3. I feel like we are married already :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
That is super cute. Although I have said this before I may as well add to this thread too because its getting close and exciting, I will be married in 56 days!
By the time we get married we will have been together for five years, and living together more than 3. I feel like we are married already :)
Congratulations! That's longer than most people date before tying the knot - good for you.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Congratulations! That's longer than most people date before tying the knot - good for you.
Thanks! neither of us would have been ready before now. He is 27 and I will be 23 (5 days after our wedding). So needless to say we both have changed a lot since we were 18 and 22 when we started dating.

aarathi

Mar 17, 2008
I am married 4 years ago. I have one daughter named aarathi. We are happy in ours married life.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Like Indy, I got married fairly young. I have been married for 14 years. We have 2 girls, age 7 and 9. We do almost everything together as a couple or with our kids as family. We even work together!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Yes for 2 years now.. If you have been at irovr you all have the the pic. I meet the lucky lady when I was in 7th grade and been together since then.. Well we stopped talking for a year around 9th grade but my senior year we got back together and I am glad we did. The best person ever. Just if I could get her to buy an iPhone we can have iPhonetony and iPhonekimberly on eic... :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I remember you saying that you don't even date - is that right, Starry?

S

Starry

Yep... hurts to bad... you get close and then they wanna move in or you like them and they don't' you and vise verse.. and blah... what a headache!

S

Starry

I'm gonna beat BOTH Your butts! Kelly & Tony! LOL

I actually am VERY much in like with someone... but he's not available and it breaks my heart.. but oh well such is life... I get to spend everyday with him online :)