Anyone here using Guided Access?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Jan 15, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I just finished writing up a how-to article on using Guided Access on the iPad, iPhone. I have to say, this is an incredible feature, one that does not get enough press. Personally, I plan on using it for my now 27-month old who still ventures into areas that I'd like to avoid, like pressing the AirPlay button in Netflix. For those with kids, being able to lock them down to a specific app, with limited controls is awesome.

guided-access-iphone.jpg

I cannot help but think of how this can/is used in commercial applications. Restaurants who hand iPads as menus, kiosk applications and education settings.

So, have you used Guided Access? Any plans to use this gem of a feature?

2. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I need to play with this feature on my iPad. I'm almost ashamed to say I knew nothing about this feature; so, thanks for taking the time to write the article about it.

This could be used for training and the likes, too. Hmm, ideas already popping in my head here.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I explored Guided Access, but don't need to use it at this time. It is a great feature. I'll have to revisit it and take a closer look. Yeah, you don't hear much about it.

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I think it is an essential feature that all mobile devices should have. I don't have young children who play with my mobile devices but I'm glad it's there if I ever need it.

btw...great write up, Chris!

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

My girlfriend's sister used an ipad for people to take photobooth pics of themselves at their wedding, and I set up guided access on it for them. That's the only time I've ever used it, and it wasn't even my iPad.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That's the kind of cool applications that rock.