Anyone in the Denver area?

unicomclay

Jun 18, 2007
You guys are nuts that is way too early. See you at 2:00 PM on the 29th.
This is old news but stores are closing at 4:00 and re-opening at 6:00 on the 29th to allow setup. I'm still trying to find out how many phones Apple Aspen Grove is getting.

alauderdale

Jun 18, 2007
This is old news but stores are closing at 4:00 and re-opening at 6:00 on the 29th to allow setup. I'm still trying to find out how many phones Apple Aspen Grove is getting.
yeah that would be cool if u could find that out! u should find out 8gb mods

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
What about the "necessary"?

Yep, I'll be waiting outside the store in Boulder at the new 29th Street Mall.

I work two jobs and I am taking the day off from both of them to be there. I am an idiot. But when you've been assimilated by THE APPLE (the evil space-bound critters formally known as THE BORG), there isn't a heck of a lot you can do.

NOW! I have a question: I've never done anything this utterly ridiculous before (that is, standing outside a store ALL DAY waiting to buy something), so if any of you have, how do you plan on dealing with, well, shall we say those natural things that occur in a human body from time-to-time that may force you to lose your place in line?

I thought about bribing someone to hold my place, but does anyone have a better idea?

My wife is going to drop by at 1:00 to relieve me, but that may just not be enough (SHE'S not willing to take the day off from her job to join me...THE CAD!)

I could bring a plastic bottle along, but I'd probably get arrested or beaten up.

Is the iPhone worth "holding it" all day? I dunno.

"WE ARE THE APPLE! YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!"

—Rumpelgeist

unicomclay

Jun 18, 2007

I work two jobs and I am taking the day off from both of them to be there. I am an idiot. But when you've been assimilated by THE APPLE (the evil space-bound critters formally known as THE BORG), there isn't a heck of a lot you can do.

NOW! I have a question: I've never done anything this utterly ridiculous before (that is, standing outside a store ALL DAY waiting to buy something), so if any of you have, how do you plan on dealing with, well, shall we say those natural things that occur in a human body from time-to-time that may force you to lose your place in line?

I thought about bribing someone to hold my place, but does anyone have a better idea?

My wife is going to drop by at 1:00 to relieve me, but that may just not be enough.

I could bring a plastic bottle along, but I'd probably get arrested or beaten up.

—Rumpelgeist
You can leave the line to relieve yourself. I've waited for Wii, PS3, 360 and everyone that's in line pretty much looks after each other. No one will snipe you if you get up to answer that call.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
You can leave the line to relieve yourself. I've waited for Wii, PS3, 360 and everyone that's in line pretty much looks after each other. No one will snipe you if you get up to answer that call.
Rock on! I will throw away my 2-liter Pepsi bottle then!

Dang! I CAN'T wait to do my part on the 29th to increase Apple's bottom line.

iPhone, here we come!

—Rumpelgeist

alauderdale

Jun 18, 2007

My wife is going to drop by at 1:00 to relieve me, but that may just not be enough (SHE'S not willing to take the day off from her job to join me...THE CAD!)

—Rumpelgeist
im gonna do it to and ive never waited in line for anything i usually find a way to get it w out waiting, but this is worth it i doubt there will even be a need to wait but im gonna do it anyway if i wasn't waiting for the phone id be going crazy thinking about waiting so what the hell might as well camp out all day! im gonna bring my macbook my ipod water friends and a psp

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I actually just found out that my local AT&T store here in Colorado Springs is getting it so I am going to camp there instead. The sign on the door says they are closing the store at 4:30 and reopening at 6:00, but I am going to start camping around noon on the 28th with a friend. I just want to make sure I get one and have no issues with the whole supply and demand thing, after all it has been an extremely long wait since the Keynote. Even if we are the only people in line I could care less. It will be fun just to hang out and BS while the anticipation grows. :cool:

afdude85

Jun 15, 2007
A little info from our local Apple store

So i ran into an old friend working at the Cherry Creek Apple store. I had no idea that he worked there. So of course i had to ask him some questions. Like every other employee, he didn't know anything. The one key thing he did tell me was that they are expecting 1200 people inside waiting inline, and that the Denver police will be there. WIth that said, i am for sure going to the Apple at Aspen grove!

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
So i ran into an old friend working at the Cherry Creek Apple store. I had no idea that he worked there. So of course i had to ask him some questions. Like every other employee, he didn't know anything. The one key thing he did tell me was that they are expecting 1200 people inside waiting inline, and that the Denver police will be there. WIth that said, i am for sure going to the Apple at Aspen grove!
1200 people, but how many phones. That is the info we really want to know.

wickedsteve

Jun 26, 2007
Apple.com/retail says Applestores close at 2pm and re-open at 6pm. I will be at aspen grove before 2 maybe as early as noon. Processing should not be a problem. The stores only sell the phones right? You activate the phone at home yourself with iTunes.