Anyone into iPhone screen repairs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iloveiphones, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Anyone have a side businesss on repairing iPhone screens? I am likely getting into the businesss.

Will the https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/54-Bit-Driver-Kit/IF145-022 be sufficient enough? And where do you get your quality (Close to OEM, as there is no such thing as iPhone OEM screens) screens at, in bulk? Or not even in bulk, just quality iPhone screens at a fairly low price? I can not seem to find any, besides ifixit.

Thanks.

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm personally not in the businesss but I do happen to have an iPhone repair shop that is just a couple blocks from where I live. He has been in the businesss since 2009.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I fix iPhones for friends and family but what I find is that most friends and family want me to work for free and I'm too soft to charge them beyond the cost of parts. That and I'm way to busy with grad school and work to constantly be working on phones. This lady at work broke her phone screen 5 times within two months time (true story) and each time she did not even offer to pay me beyond the coat of parts. I finally told her I was too busy should she break her phone again.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Where do you get the parts at? Tools? How did you learn?

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Buy from Amazon, learn by watching YouTube videos, it's not too hard

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

How much are the parts? Are they good quality?

And tools?

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You can save money by buying from amazon, rad reviews and make sure they offer a warranty . Tools are chela but your local hardware store should have what you need (heat gun, pentalobe screw driver etc)

8. Sam Beton

Sam Beton New Member

I used to fix my screen at any shop now I only go to iTech Wireless on Avenue Rd in Toronto
    They have original parts and it makes a huge difference. I'd say if you don't have original parts then don't waste your time, you'll get too many customer complaints.