Anyone Jailbreak with ZiPhone 2.5 Yet?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Im kinda wondering the same thing. you would think with the new ziPhone out that this place would be buzzing? i duno. i have talked to a few pple who have used the new 2.5 but i havnt heard anything good or bad yet.

Jan 19, 2008
i used it twice one for me and one for my wife. works awesome, just update to 1.1.4 launch ziPhone hit jailbreak, or jailbreak and unlock if you don't have att like me, wait about 1 min and your jailbroken with installer smiling at you. it was by far the easiest jailbreak yet.

Jan 19, 2008
its recommended you restore because if you upgrade you don't lose your apps but they don't work either and its very frustrating, a few people are working on getting them to work. but if you upgrade then restore you only lose 3rd party apps, after you restore you can go straight back to the way you had everything else.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
quick question guys. im on a jailbroken 1.1.3. i need to restore to 1.1.3 clean and then do the 1.1.4 update and then run my ziPhone jb?

sorry i was typing to slow. lol

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
A few questions:

1. Do you need to run some BossTool apps to move stuff around after jailbreaking (like to move from root to mobile or something)

2. Does google map locator work?

3. Do you need to run the app for mail fix?

4. Basically, do you need to do everything you had to do when jailbreaking 1.1.3?

5. Last but not least, I read summerboard and customize don't work. Do you confirm?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2008
1. I did i'm not sure if you have to but it does give you a little extra space.

2. yes

3. No but you will have to set the permissions to 777

4. not nearly as much work now lock down file or anything like that.

5. summerboard and customize work for me just download the 1.1.4 app patch download your apps uninstall the app patch set permissions to 775 for summerboard and customize and your money.

A few questions:

1. Do you need to run some BossTool apps to move stuff around after jailbreaking (like to move from root to mobile or something)

2. Does google map locator work?

3. Do you need to run the app for mail fix?

4. Basically, do you need to do everything you had to do when jailbreaking 1.1.3?

5. Last but not least, I read summerboard and customize don't work. Do you confirm?

Thanks

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
1. I did i'm not sure if you have to but it does give you a little extra space.

2. yes

3. No but you will have to set the permissions to 777

4. not nearly as much work now lock down file or anything like that.

5. summerboard and customize work for me just download the 1.1.4 app patch download your apps uninstall the app patch set permissions to 775 for summerboard and customize and your money.
Thanks bro!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I need some help because i don't know how to set permissions. I am on a mac and i can't use SSH for reasons not worth explaining. What other program can i use. In iFuntastic i could not figure out how to do it. Its not very userfriendly.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I jb using this tonight and I have no sound in my phone. I guess some people are having this problem so I am in the process of restoring.

mrk

Oct 2, 2007
sorry to hijack, but ive been on firmware 1.1.1/ jailbreak, and i just updated my firmware to 1.1.4, what do they mean by restore to 1.1.4? because the only thing i did was update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 from iTunes... directions “restore and update”.... what if i updated to 1.1.4 and i didn't restore before? i just want to make sure i do the right thing before something goes wrong....

will restore delete my mp3's? i have about 5gigs of music that i manually put in from my external HD... and would hate to spend another 5hours to find the right music to put in.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
If you restore you have to re-sync all your music,etc. back onto your iPhone after its done restoring. iTunes will sync to your back up from the last time you synced. Does that make sense? Just sync after restoring and it should put everything back.