Anyone know how to get notes to sync?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Also check your email settings. I had notes off in all my email addresses and so I didn't see any of the notes in the app. I turned them on under each email address and then they showed up when you go to the notes app. At the top of the notes app there is an accounts tab and you can click on each account and see where they are stored. I thought I had to type them all out again, but checked my old iPhone and saw the account selection. I didn't realize they were linked to the email accounts.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Also check your email settings. I had notes off in all my email addresses and so I didn't see any of the notes in the app. I turned them on under each email address and then they showed up when you go to the notes app. At the top of the notes app there is an accounts tab and you can click on each account and see where they are stored. I thought I had to type them all out again, but checked my old iPhone and saw the account selection. I didn't realize they were linked to the email accounts.
Nothing in the 4S notes app to let you select one account or the other and syncing is on for all related emails. That's why I can't figure it out.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Under Settings, Mail, Contacts, Cal and then under the email account there is an on/off slider for email and notes. I turned notes on for all my accounts and then go back to the Notes app and in the upper left there is an accounts button and it should should your email accounts that you can click on and my notes were under one of those accounts. Then I just turn notes off back under the settings for the other accounts that did not have notes associated with them.

I originally tried the syncing under the info tab in iTunes and didn't see the notes until I found the slider in the settings under the mail, contacts, cal.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Under Settings, Mail, Contacts, Cal and then under the email account there is an on/off slider for email and notes. I turned notes on for all my accounts and then go back to the Notes app and in the upper left there is an accounts button and it should should your email accounts that you can click on and my notes were under one of those accounts. Then I just turn notes off back under the settings for the other accounts that did not have notes associated with them.

I originally tried the syncing under the info tab in iTunes and didn't see the notes until I found the slider in the settings under the mail, contacts, cal.
I don't have that on my iPhone, my iPad has it, but nothing in the phone.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Thanks, but I know what you're talking about, since my iPad has it, just my phone doesn't. It only gives me the notes sync option for my cloud email.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
If anyone runs into this, here's my work around, it's pretty fast and easy, unless you have a million notes.

On my iPad, under accounts, I had 2 options: iCloud and On My iPad. I didn't have anything to select from various email accounts and nothing on my 4S to choose a different account.

When I set up my cloud services, everything defaulted to the on my iPad option, so this morning, I just used copy and paste to move the ones I needed to keep to the iCloud option, then deleted the originals.

Voila, syncing to my phone occurred within a minute.

And, for the record, I still have no option to choose from different accounts on my iPhone.