Anyone know of a TV Episode DVD Ripper?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Does anyone know of a DVD ripper that properly handles TV show compilations? You know, like ER Season 1 or M*A*S*H Season 5, etc.

I'd like to find an app that will rip each episode and send it to iTunes with the proper name, season name, and episode number -- and have it show as a TV show, not as a generic video. I know that I could rip each episode, but that's cumbersome and doesn't easily allow for Show/Season/Episode info.

Anyone?

LAHeat

Oct 19, 2008
DVD ripper

Does anyone know of a DVD ripper that properly handles TV show compilations? You know, like ER Season 1 or M*A*S*H Season 5, etc.

I'd like to find an app that will rip each episode and send it to iTunes with the proper name, season name, and episode number -- and have it show as a TV show, not as a generic video. I know that I could rip each episode, but that's cumbersome and doesn't easily allow for Show/Season/Episode info.

Anyone?
Yes, if I understand your question correctly. I use software called: Cucusoft. (http://www.cucusoft.com/). There are various versions. Obviously I use the one for IPOD/iPhones. Insert your DVD, and it auto fast forwards past the junk, then hit record. You can save it under whatever name you list. Once its on your computer, go to iTunes and add it to iTunes. Now understand it will not rip the name, season name and episode number BUT you can go into iTunes and edit the info and set it as a "TV show."

You can rip each episode. I have ripped "24" and Dexter and it works pretty good.

I know that doesn't do everything you want it to - but I hope this helps.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i use handbrake, but it doesn't auto-enter the tv show info. as far as i know, no ripping software can do that. Gotta do it manually through iTunes. Pain, i know. Luckily it's a lot easier to mass-edit videos in iTunes 8.

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
is there a charge for cucusoft?

D

doublepaul

i prefer Nidesoft for its clear converting image and fast speed. The most important thing is that it is easy to use, especially for beginners. If you are interested, you can see its sites and make further comparison. I usually visit http://www.nidesoft.com you can have a try.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Why don't the creators of video software try, like, another form of advertising? What is it with this industry? It's based on spam!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
probably because it's an illegal industry.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Still haven't found a good answer yet. I know I can rip each episode, convert it, copy it to iTunes and edit the properties, but I don't *WANT* to. I want a program that will do it all for me. Anyone? Hell, I might even consider buying a Mac if there's an app for this. :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the problem is it's technically illegal, so most of the apps out there are half-baked. I still think handbrake is the best

I'm with you, though, it would be really nice.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
like hippo i do this manually, take a long time, but im like that and rather spend the time and get it right

Dec 12, 2008
as i know, rip dvd is illegal but i think it is ok for personal use.
i saw in other forums about aiseesoft dvd ripper. and they said it is nice. i didn't use it yet you can try it and share something with us here.