Anyone know when we can buy ringtones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
So does anyone know when we will be able to purchase ringtones on iTunes? These ringtones are sooo lame... Sorry if you guys have already talked about this, I'm not sure if it has been annoucned yet either. And do you think we can use songs we didn't purchase on iTunes?

ugotipws

Jul 4, 2007
iTunes for ringtones

Are you supposed to be able to set songs/mp3 as your ringtone using iTunes? isn't that the point of having an mp3 player on your phone?

Someone please explain this to me.

Thanks

coolpox003

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
League City, TX
www.myspace.com
Not yet.. it appears we're stuck with the limited amount preset to the iPhone.... I can't even bluetooth the ones I made myself from my imac to my iPhone... access is restricted...

I'm sure Apple is going to have ringtones available through iTunes for sell in the next few months once the iPhone is updated to support it. They can't expect us to be stuck with these ringtones forever....

Jul 4, 2007
People will expect to be able to use to use their own music libraries
for ringtones and customers should be pissed if they have to purchase ringtones from ITMS.

ugotipws

Jul 4, 2007
People will expect to be able to use to use their own music libraries
for ringtones and customers should be pissed if they have to purchase ringtones from ITMS.
YES! Thank you, someone agrees with me. There is no way im paying more money to purchase songs from iTunes to use as my ringtone, especially after ive already paid $499. This is ridiculous, just because you release a cool phone doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it. Check out some of the alternatives I had in mind in the phone review category of this website.

www.home.telephonology.com

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
YES! Thank you, someone agrees with me. There is no way im paying more money to purchase songs from iTunes to use as my ringtone, especially after ive already paid $499. This is ridiculous, just because you release a cool phone doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it. Check out some of the alternatives I had in mind in the phone review category of this website.

www.home.telephonology.com
Interesting, all of your posts have been about how much the iPhone sucks and how there are alternatives. Hmmm, I wonder who your working for?

Funny to watch as competitors to the Apple scramble to get their footing as the rug has been pulled out from under them. If they weren't selling crappy phones there wouldn't be all this hype over the iPhone.

I would suggest that if your slant is for another carrier that they find a way to offer something that takes the pain out of using a cell phone and integrates in a seemless fashion the usability that the iPhone brings. The days of relic phones that are a painful embarrassment are over. The iPhone is upgradeable, features can be added, and the user interface is light years ahead of that cr@p referenced on that embarrassing link you posted.

If you don't work for one of the competitors here, then what is your beef? Can't afford an iPhone? Jealous? Just don't have a life so you spend your days raining on the parade of those that have an iPhone? It only gets better from here for iPhone owners... The rest of the cell phone world is scrambling. When they finally clean the fecal matter from their shorts and get busy trying to copy Apple maybe you will be able to offer a viable alternative. My guess is this time next year before anyone has anything even worth looking at. Until then... What's your purpose here?

On the topic of ringtones. I am wondering when we can finally get direct downloads from iTunes instead of sideloading. I don't see any reason to buy ringtones in the conventional sense when we should be able to just use songs and sounds we have in our libraries. Hopefully that change will be coming soon.

GuyFawkes