Anyone know where these parts go?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Steveeeyg, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Steveeeyg

Steveeeyg New Member

I pulled my iPhone 4 original apart a while ago, haven't been able to get the bightness sensor and proximity sensor to work since, all went back in as it should have, new parts fitted but problem still there.

Three parts remianed and i could find where they go. does anyone recognize them or where they go?

Capture.PNG

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I would suggest you check out this link:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iphone-4-Teardown/3130/1

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

3. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I took the disc brakes apart on a Triumph T-3 in another life and when I put everything back together I had a few extra parts, they had a lot of shims. Not good on a brake job. Called in a buddy and he straightened it out. I now take lots of pictures during disassemble and make lots of notes. Oh not on brake jobs that goes to a pro.

4. Steveeeyg

Steveeeyg New Member

I have read through this guide and the repair guide COUNTLESS times believe me! not once have i seen any of these three parts on it, no where! no even on spares websites! When taking it apart the case fell unexpectedly and these 3 bits come out from it so i had no idea where they fell from so photos wouldn't have help either!

Thanks for the replys but is there a place better suited to ask a question like this?

5. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

That's like a Road Runner/Wiley Coyote cartoon! Do any of the parts say "Acme" on them? :LOL:

6. berthier

berthier New Member

The big metal piece goes on the back of the Vibrate on/off switch, the others im not sure,
    The sensors are part of the flex cable which connect your power button etc. However you have to make sure they align propery with the two small hole in front of the frame. One is your proximity and the other is the Light sensor, they have to be in their appropriate place.

7. Steveeeyg

Steveeeyg New Member

Thank you very much for your response, You say the "big piece goes on the back of the vibrate on/off switch", do you mean the vibrator or the on/off/lock button?

I made sure each time that when reassembling the phone that both lined up through the holes perfectly, both stuck through the holes exactly!, i also replaced the parts with brand new ones from ifixit and they also sat through the holes perfectly and yet it still doesn't work, these 3 pieces are the only thing i can think of a type of ground for the components.

8. berthier

berthier New Member

I mean the switch on the side that toogle mute your sound and back on, above the volume buttons, however I would not think that would be your problem for your brightness and proximity since they are not on the same flex cable, you might want to check however that all your connector are properly alligned on the logic board and that they are all the way down.

Hope this helps

9. Steveeeyg

Steveeeyg New Member

Thank you very much for your reply, i thought the same but i don't think i will place it back in, everytime i open the phone it seems it functions a little less better :/

I can guarentee you the connectors are all the way down, these were my thought exactly! i have opened it MANY times and disconnected and reconnected them all with but nothing has changed. thank you very much for your help but do you know of any other help forums that could help me with iPhone hardware faults?

10. applejosh

applejosh Member
    Bronze

I think I saw that rubber piece (top of the pic) in a video from another site. IIRC, it's supposed to go on the logic board or some other board at the top to prevent it from shorting out. Again, just what I think it looks like. I've never taken apart an iPhone 4 or iP4S, so I'm not saying this with any certainty.