Anyone know where to find car chargers for iPhone 5?

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I've been trying to find any car chargers that are available or will be available soon for the 5. Anyone sniffed one out yet? :sneaky:

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I've been trying to find any car chargers that are available or will be available soon for the 5. Anyone sniffed one out yet? :sneaky:
All you need is a DC plug with USB port(s) and the cable that comes with the phone.

Reactions: btitus

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
All you need is a DC plug with USB port(s) and the cable that comes with the phone.
It might be a little while before a dedicated Lightning connector car charger is available but a generic USB charger will work provided you have your new cable handy.

Reactions: btitus

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Chris, I didn't see any Lightning to USB cables on that site, unless you meant #A12342, which is a whole kit.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I ended up getting a Griffin dual USB car charger from eBay for $6. Working great so far.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app

jodiety11

Feb 21, 2013
www.fasimart.com
yes. Last year, I went to Apple store. They didn't have any yet but should soon. He said that the cord that I have would plug into my current charger but that would mean having to carry my home cord with me. Everything is OK now.