Anyone knows any DVD Ripper?

Lumin

May 6, 2008
[FONT=&quot]Hi People,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am on the look out for fast and easy to use DVD ripping software, which can provide good speed with decent quality. I am having a storage problem in my system as I have many things to keep update and there are DVD format movies which are large files which use a lot of space in hard drive. Any help will be highly appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks a lot![/FONT]

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i personally use Handbrake. Free, easy, and very good.

there is also a wealth of information on this topic here.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
[FONT=&quot]Hi People,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am on the look out for fast and easy to use DVD ripping software, which can provide good speed with decent quality. I am having a storage problem in my system as I have many things to keep update and there are DVD format movies which are large files which use a lot of space in hard drive. Any help will be highly appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks a lot![/FONT]
First off, Welcome to EIC. You've come to the right place to ask questions and get answers to a variety of questions. Hopefully, you will continue to post after your question is answered and help others such as yourself. :)

I am not clear what you are specifically asking for. If your concern is Hard Drive space, ripping movies off of DVDs won't help. An 8.7 GB dual layer DVD will still require 8.7GB on your hard drive, unless you choose to shrink/compress the video for storage on your computer. You need to understand that video compression beyond a certain amount will increase video artifacts that eventually, if compression is too much, will result in an unwatchable movie.

If your need is to reduce shelf space by digitally transferring the video to your computer, you will need a ripping engine appropriate for both your computer (PC or Mac) and the level of protection. Mac the Ripper (latest editions) and DVD HD Decrypter can handle everything you might throw at it. Of course, Any DVD is equally effective.

If your need is to manage your converted library of MP4 files, you do not need a ripping engine unless you intend to delete the files to save space. Hard drives are very cheap these days. My recommendation would be to get a 500GB external hard drive and transfer your files to it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Videora is just a converter, you still have to run a ripper before you can use Videora to convert it to the final MP4.
Oy, good call. You'll need to download DVD Ripper and Videora has a link directly to the download within the software. It works pretty well.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I sue Handbrake. It coverts to MP4.

- John

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Magic DVD Ripper

Magic DVD Ripper is awesome!