anyone miss 2 space keys = a period?

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
i find myself hitting the space key twice expecting a period ala BB...

any shortcuts like this for the iPhone popping up?

thanks!

sbp

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Someone helped me out a great deal with how to type 'period' and not actually have to tap,type,tap to get it. Just hold down '.?123' when typing texts, slide your finger up to the '.', then let go. It inserts a '.', then reverts right back to the letters screen. About the most useful tip for iPhone yet!

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
i find myself hitting the space key twice expecting a period ala BB...

any shortcuts like this for the iPhone popping up?

thanks!

sbp
I keep doing the same thing myself coming from a BB8800. I was hoping this was also the case for the iPhone, but someone in another thread stated that if you hold the 123 (alt) key while sliding your thumb to the period button not only types the (.) but also then goes right back to the (abc) version of the keyboard. I have found with time it's almost as second nature as hitting the space key twice for the (.)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Someone helped me out a great deal with how to type 'period' and not actually have to tap,type,tap to get it. Just hold down '.?123' when typing texts, slide your finger up to the '.', then let go. It inserts a '.', then reverts right back to the letters screen. About the most useful tip for iPhone yet!
GREAT TIP THANKS! This also works just as well with commas, exclamation points, and question marks I just noticed (or any punctuation for that matter)! :cool:

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Of course if you insert a space character between sentences (and I see that you do...) then hitting the space key in the .?123 screen sends it back to ABC screen also. Apple has your back...

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
To answer the original question.. .YEEEESSSS!

Until Stevetim solved it.

Best tip I have found yet stevetim. This may actually be easier than the BB double tap and I LOVED my 8800.

Now if someone can tell me how to get Yahoo Mail to receive messages (it can send them sometimes) I will be stoked.

'preshate the tip!

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Yeah, I do that all the time. That tip was pretty great though.

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
"the slide" is great... can be used for anything as long as you slide and don't lift your finger you can get to any character you want... 9, @,... whatever..