anyone on last.fm?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
...it's a pretty cool music site. great info, and (if you want) it will keep track of the music you listen to for statistical and recommendation purposes. there's also an app for the iPhone, if you're into it.

www.last.fm

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've looked into it briefly, but maybe you could talk me into it.

It seemed to emphasize the whole tracking what you listen to thing (especially with mobilescrobbler on the iPhone)... which I don't think would work that great for me. I'm so random at times and I like to skip around a lot. What benefit would I get to using last.fm?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
meh... I really only use the tracking (for my own curiosity), but if you're interested in finding musical "neighbors" and checking out what they listen to, or conversing with them, then you might enjoy it. I guess it's kinda like a musical myspace... well, it's not THAT bad.

it has a wide array of forums... for specific artists, genres, countries... just about anything. it also does recommendations (with full-length sample tunes), but i don't think it's anywhere near as advanced as Pandora.

so idunno... it's cool, but i wouldn't say it's something you HAVE to check out.

i guess if you wanted to get a better idea of the features, you could check out my page:

http://www.last.fm/user/acosmichippo/