Anyone order a white though DF and not receive it yet?

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I'd like to know if anyone has ordered a white 3G and not gotte nit yet, and how long ago you ordered it.

I'm considering cancelling my 16gb black order and ordering a white if it soundsl ike the white will come in sooner (even though I ordered the black on July 14th)

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well I can tell you this, went to my local AT&T store yesterday expecting to place an order for a black 8gb thinking the line for that would the shortest and found out that the wait was about the same for the black 16gb 2-4 weeks.

So I asked how long for the white 16gb and he said 72 hours...hmmm no brainer there. Lol I ordered it yesterday and he said I should get it Friday or Saturday, max Monday.

Jul 24, 2008
Santa Rosa, Ca
I just ordered a white 16gig on tuesday, it shipped today and fed ex tracking shows it should be in the store tomorrow by 3pm.

At the time I ordered the sales rep said that it would be 3-5 days max for white and about double that for the black. Good thing I wanted white!

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I just ordered a white 16gig on tuesday, it shipped today and fed ex tracking shows it should be in the store tomorrow by 3pm.

At the time I ordered the sales rep said that it would be 3-5 days max for white and about double that for the black. Good thing I wanted white!
Awesome that means my white 16gb should be shipping out tomorrow since I ordered mine yesterday. :laugh2:

Rep told me the same thing...wait was about double for the black iPhones.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I ordered mine late Monday night on the 14th and picked it up from AT&T on Friday the 18th.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah it appears no one wants white. Oh well I'm glad then...comes sooner for me. lol

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Why is it that the white one is easier to get than the black?
-I would have thought the it would have been the opposite ya kno it being a new color an all :eek:

michael95gt

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Adamsville, Tn
Why is it that the white one is easier to get than the black?
-I would have thought the it would have been the opposite ya kno it being a new color an all :eek:
I think part of it has to do with the fact that no one can see a "White" one without ordering it first. I don't know if its the same everywhere, but in my area all the display phones in the AT&T stores are Black. I think it would have helped sales if they had put a White AND a Black on the live display. I know a lot of people won't buy something without seeing it first. I'm normally the same way, except I'd been reading here and at other sites and had already seen live pix/reviews of the White.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I think part of it has to do with the fact that no one can see a "White" one without ordering it first. I don't know if its the same everywhere, but in my area all the display phones in the AT&T stores are Black. I think it would have helped sales if they had put a White AND a Black on the live display. I know a lot of people won't buy something without seeing it first. I'm normally the same way, except I'd been reading here and at other sites and had already seen live pix/reviews of the White.
Unless you go to an Apple store. I knew Apple would have some on display but I figured they would only have black but they had white as well. After seeing white in person I knew I wanted it.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I kind of wish I ordered white now, the more I see the pictures of it the more I like the look. The AT&T store I ordered from only had a black on display so I ordered that and it should be arriving today. Oh well, it doesn't reallly matter to me whether heaven is paved with gold or platinum, it's still heaven!