Anyone order their iPhone from Apple's website?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
If so, I'm trying to find out when anyone receives it. Obviously nobody will be receiving it today, but I'm somewhat concerned about how long mine will take (they told me 2-4 weeks but I suspect thats giving a big grace period). My celphone's charger plug just broke this weekend, so I'm pretty pissed off I ordered the iPhone online and didn't go to the store (didn't have time, had to move this weekend) so now I'm without a phone altogether. Unfortunately Apple are their usual uninformative dipshits and won't tell me how long I'll be without a phone.

SO, it'd be good to know when the first people who ordered online start getting theirs.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
After I saw 2-4- weeks on the Apple site I did some research.

Unofficially I was told they fill online orders last which is the opposite of what was told to use in the beginning of launch day.

I gave up, went to the Apple store and was out with a phone in 30 minutes.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
fucka ebay, even with people knowing Apple stores have them in stock, they're still charging obscene markups. I live in santa clara, I'd rather just stop by an Apple store either here or up in the city when they open to get one.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
After I saw 2-4- weeks on the Apple site I did some research.

Unofficially I was told they fill online orders last which is the opposite of what was told to use in the beginning of launch day.

I gave up, went to the Apple store and was out with a phone in 30 minutes.
yeah, thats what I suspect, that they're giving them to the fucking stores first, gonna send out the orders after that. Garbage.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
I ordered mine from the online Store, knowing it would probably be 2-4 weeks. Why, so I could sit back and see what others had to say, cancel if I wanted to, and give me time to read up on suggestions. I am okay with this. I will let you know when I order. I did order 10 minutes after the new website was up and running. And by the way, I live less than a mile for an AT&T store. I want it, but kinda thinking by the time I do get it, some of the updates will be in place.

Love reading all the reviews on here.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
I ordered mine from the online Store, knowing it would probably be 2-4 weeks. Why, so I could sit back and see what others had to say, cancel if I wanted to, and give me time to read up on suggestions. I am okay with this. I will let you know when I order. I did order 10 minutes after the new website was up and running. And by the way, I live less than a mile for an AT&T store. I want it, but kinda thinking by the time I do get it, some of the updates will be in place.

Love reading all the reviews on here.
I originally ordered online for that reason (see if it was really that good and cancel if anything really sucked), but now my phone is broken, and I really need one.

I talked to a rep and they said that they will be sending out updates as to the status of peoples' online orders by the 4th, with a better estimate of when you will be getting it.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
I originally ordered online for that reason (see if it was really that good and cancel if anything really sucked), but now my phone is broken, and I really need one.

I talked to a rep and they said that they will be sending out updates as to the status of peoples' online orders by the 4th, with a better estimate of when you will be getting it.

Thanks for the information on updates of orders. I knew I would not be the only one thinking along these lines. I have a Nextel phone (only because of my husbands businesss). I hate the thing and Bluetooth phone through them is almost 400 so why not bite and get iPhone. Besides, it is Apple product. Yes, I will be paying for two so when it comes to iPhone activation, I will go Pay as You go, with lower rate.

Just to have my hands on the iPhone, I don't care if I pay two services, I have to keep the Nextel due to his businesss. And by the way, Nextel does not work in half the places I have traveled.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Not in a hurry at this time. I am spending the time looking at information on Apples Support Page. Getting to know the little feller before I lay eyes on him.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
great, mine is set to ship on july 6th. So thats 4 days without a fucking phone, with tons of important businesss to conduct. Probably the worst 4 days I could have possibly not had a phone. This whole thing has been a fiasco. frack you Apple, just for how you handled this. Fucking don't tell anyone how many phones they have, whether or not people in line will get one, be all like "surprise! we have more phones!" instead of just letting people know in advance how it will go down. I really hope this isn't going to become a trend for every product release because I'm fucking god damned pissed, and that's a pretty big complaint coming from someone who has owned and loved Apple products since the Apple II.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
great, mine is set to ship on july 6th. So thats 4 days without a fucking phone, with tons of important businesss to conduct. Probably the worst 4 days I could have possibly not had a phone. This whole thing has been a fiasco. frack you Apple, just for how you handled this. Fucking don't tell anyone how many phones they have, whether or not people in line will get one, be all like "surprise! we have more phones!" instead of just letting people know in advance how it will go down. I really hope this isn't going to become a trend for every product release because I'm fucking god damned pissed, and that's a pretty big complaint coming from someone who has owned and loved Apple products since the Apple II.
Now you know exactly how I feel. I have this love/hate relationship with Apple all because they treat the customer so poorly, they lie, and all the while, they still have good products.

It's just that at launch time they botch the job, then blame it on everyone else, instead of taking responsibility.

Or if you get a bad, or defective product Apple will try and shift the blame to someone else, instead of stepping up and taking care of the customer.

Apple is a very two faced company. Sad to see that they are so selfish that only Steve and his minions matter.

You'll notice who they are blaming for the delays in Activation - AT&T.........And AT&T was not even given a chance here. It was Apple that setup this stupid activation system through iTunes.

One will notice that if you go to an AT&T store to get any phone other than an iPhone they activate your new phone in the store in just 10 minutes to be sure that it works properly and you , their customer are happy. AT&T truly cares about it's customers. Anyone that says otherwise is a hater that has no direct experience with AT&T.

I have purchased more than 10 phones from them in the last 18 months and every time they have done a great job and thanked me for my businesss.

After it's all said and done, the problem is Apple and their Arrogance and Control issues. The believe they are perfect and always choose to blame others.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
Yeah. Even up until around 2000 or so, companies used to bend over backwards to help you out if you were a long-standing customer and took the time to try and contact them and explain your situation. These days, very few companies do anything at all. Sadly consumers also always lie to get their stuff replaced when they break it, too, so unfortunately that makes it hard for companies to have any kind of policy that adequately covers their stuff, either.

But I mean, come on, for all the consumer tracking and everything that companies do to try to sell you stuff, you think they might use it the other way too to identify good loyal appreciative customers and throw them a bone when they're starting to get pissed off. I've recommended macs to countless people over the year and a lot of people have switched. iPhone comes around, and I get screwed over by a bunch of spoiled brats with no jobs who can wait in line for a week, and Apple's intentional secrecy about product stock. Thanks assholes.

I'm pretty irked, I haven't been using computers since I was 5, shrugging off "nerd" insults and studying programming my entire life in school, and don't write software for a living so that some punk ass spoiled suburban kids can be running around with the technology that, 5 years ago, they didn't even give a crap about, and all because their jobless asses didn't have anything better to do than stand in lines.