Anyone playin' Frisbee Golf out there? yes, you heard right...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I just picked up a few disc last week from Academy Sports and have been hooked ever since! I know it's only been a week, but I LOVE IT so far! A guy I work with has won several national titles and introduced me to the sport. I HIGHLY recommend you try it before you knock it...

I paid $30 for 3 disc (Driver, Mid-range, Putter) and a bag, and the course is FREE right down the road from where I live, can't beat it for what it's worth...

Here's a few vids I gathered up from YouTube, sorry if they are not iPhone compatible...

This one will show you somewhat about the sport...

This one is just a group of guys screwin' around...

This one I found hilarious....(caution:langauge)

Can't wait to get back at it again!:laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Awww c'mon, anybody?...

HEY! You there on the front row...STOP LAUGHING AT ME!:mad:

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I've been known to chuck a few discs every now and then. It's getting harder to go play a round lately though, too many people. The courses used to be empty a couple years ago. Lots of fun, can't get too serious though, just go play!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have to admit that this is the first time I've seen videos of Frisbee golf being played. I knew they sold "Golf Frisbees" but I always thought it was just a title. The third video is great though, straight up G's. I don't know of any courses for this in my area nor do I know anyone that plays but it does look fun and I do love regular golf so I'll definitely look into this.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Never played myself, but am in the golf businesss and played professionally for awhile. I produce yardage books and scorecards and have even made one scorecard for a frisbee course! and had some tee signs designed that never went to press yet. it looks like allot of fun.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I have to admit that this is the first time I've seen videos of Frisbee golf being played. I knew they sold "Golf Frisbees" but I always thought it was just a title. The third video is great though, straight up G's. I don't know of any courses for this in my area nor do I know anyone that plays but it does look fun and I do love regular golf so I'll definitely look into this.
Dude, you have to try it!

Use this link to look up courses in your area:

http://www.pdga.com/course/index.php

I'm goin' again this weekend, possibly twice!

Most courses are FREE!;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Never played myself, but am in the golf businesss and played professionally for awhile. I produce yardage books and scorecards and have even made one scorecard for a frisbee course! and had some tee signs designed that never went to press yet. it looks like allot of fun.
It's loads 'o fun! Of course I'd find a empty field around some where and practice chunking those disc for a couple hours before going to a local course. They are usually crowded and you can embarras yourself real quick, lol, but most people in the sport are very friendly and helpful...

Sure would be nice to have a score"book" to log all my games in, you make those?