Anyone purchase one from eBay?

nezloman

Mar 7, 2008
I have dropped my phone several times, and it has a small crack on the screen. I was going to buy another one from Apple, but there too expensive. Has anyone purchased one through ebay? Any feedback?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Buying off eBay is only good if the user you're buying from has awesome feedback. Besides that - don't do it.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You could always try craigslist... It really just varies. I sold mine on MMi.com and then went to Apple to get an 8 gig. I personally wouldn't buy a used one from eBay or so, but then again, I'm a little anal about purchases like that....

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
You could always try craigslist... It really just varies. I sold mine on MMi.com and then went to Apple to get an 8 gig. I personally wouldn't buy a used one from eBay or so, but then again, I'm a little anal about purchases like that....
Craigslist isn't that great for me at all. i tried buying an iPhone from there but this guy brought some cheap little dinky thing that look to made out of spoon plastic and said it was an iPhone.

I turned away and started walking and I haven't used craigslist since. On a side note, why hasn't he hired someone to make his site look neater?

kariya9mdoa

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Just thought i would add to this discussion.
I am in australia and we do not have the iPhone here and don't know when we will have it because they cant decide who will be the provider for the iPhone.
I bought mine off ebay in october last year for 485 US which was 650 here. I wanted one when they first came out but had to wait for the devs to jailbreak and unlock so i could use it here.

I did try to get a US mail address and tried to go through the Apple store paid for it and then got a email from Apple saying that they do not accept those addresses so where was my money. I had to wait 2 weeks before Apple released my money back to me. Then 2 days after my friend got one off ebay but paid 1100 Aus for it and that was way to pricey for a phone for me. so i waited and monitored ebay and slowly the prices started to drop and thats when i bought one.

So the moral of this story is if you are not from the US and want an iPhone yes you will pay a bit more but it was worth the money to have the latest phone and the looks you get and the convo's that get started when people see it is incredible.

Ok thats it for me off to bed now.

HappyModding