Anyone really rich own an iPhone and willing to reveal themselves?

SCMedic

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I completely agree with the girl from Napa/Sonoma about "rich" being much more than an earnings statement..

Me personally, I'm a paramedic, which will never make you rich. I'm 28. I rent an apartment. I have a good amount of "investable" income every month, and no bills... I'm not rich, but I am fairly smart with money. I drive an 07 WRX, paid in full. I started investing when I was 19, and have done pretty well. In the past 3 months, I've managed to re-invest about 60k in the market, and have other equity in some damn good funds. I won't be rich, never consider myself rich, but damn, if I'm not happy as hell with where I'm at.

I will have a super retirement though!

Oh yeah, the phone.. Well, I worked some overtime, and put away some money, and there it is! I love it. Gadgets in general, but this one takes the cake.

jox

Jul 29, 2007
LOL, WTF... Martin, Russ? What are you guys doing in here? Hahah

To answer the original question - yeah I would like to think I'm a pretty big deal. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogny. I just picked up 3 iPhones and set me back the same amount I spend on temporary tattoos every week or so. No big deal.

;)

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
LOL, WTF... Martin, Russ? What are you guys doing in here? Hahah

To answer the original question - yeah I would like to think I'm a pretty big deal. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogny. I just picked up 3 iPhones and set me back the same amount I spend on temporary tattoos every week or so. No big deal.

;)
Hahaha 6Speed is takin' over :p:p

F1Redbull

Jul 30, 2007
I consider myself a bit of a playboy.(English Accent). I'm 17, drive a Mercedes-Benz + Ducati 1098 Super-bike. At the age of 15 I had invested my money in a "small company". That small company's size has exploded since, and I now receive a large percentage of earnings + shares.:cool:

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I am well off* and have always had expensive phones. My last one was a Nokia 9500 that cost more, believe it or not, than the iPhone and very hard to find. It wasn't perfect but did what I needed it to do, and was much slower than the iPhone. I always got weird looks and comments from non-owners, which there were many, but I didn't care because they did not have one.

So in short I got it cause I can afford it. It looks good and works better than my old cell. Just wish it was more exclusive so I didn' thave to share it with hundredaires :laugh2:. But service and software updates should be a lot better. So there is a silver lining to larger user base.

* Two homes - one on an exclusive island, 4 cars - yes one is a Bentley B cars are for big dogs, 2 motorcycles - yes they are harleys, a vespa - for the heck of it, 4 airplanes - I use to build models when I was a kid now I buy my favorite ones - oh yeah my flights are never delayed. I have a bunch of other toys but I still like my iPhone, for now.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
I am well off* and have always had expensive phones. My last one was a Nokia 9500 that cost more, believe it or not, than the iPhone and very hard to find. It wasn't perfect but did what I needed it to do, and was much slower than the iPhone. I always got weird looks and comments from non-owners, which there were many, but I didn't care because they did not have one.

So in short I got it cause I can afford it. It looks good and works better than my old cell. Just wish it was more exclusive so I didn' thave to share it with hundredaires :laugh2:. But service and software updates should be a lot better. So there is a silver lining to larger user base.

* Two homes - one on an exclusive island, 4 cars - yes one is a Bentley B cars are for big dogs, 2 motorcycles - yes they are harleys, a vespa - for the heck of it, 4 airplanes - I use to build models when I was a kid now I buy my favorite ones - oh yeah my flights are never delayed. I have a bunch of other toys but I still like my iPhone, for now.
In my 40+ years, one observation I've found to be true nearly always, is those who do have wealth RARELY talk about it. (even in forums with anonymity) Especially to such an extent and with such detail....My guess is this person is either very young or envious.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
In my 40+ years, one observation I've found to be true nearly always, is those who do have wealth RARELY talk about it. (even in forums with anonymity) Especially to such an extent and with such detail....My guess is this person is either very young or envious.
Couldn't have said it any better. I found the topic odd, but figured why not if someone is that curious in other peoples money/ventures and so on!

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Love talking about my toys. But I have them and you don't. Ah besides it really doesn't matter anyway, I don't know you and you don't know me and we hang out in different circles. ANd you still have to fly coach hahahaha.

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
i don't consider myself rich at all, mostly because im 17 and i live with my parents. i have one year left of high school. i have an '01 f-150 4x4, xbox 360, laptop, and of course an iPhone. those are pretty much the only things i own, and I OWN them since i paid for them myself.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Love talking about my toys. But I have them and you don't. Ah besides it really doesn't matter anyway, I don't know you and you don't know me and we hang out in different circles. ANd you still have to fly coach hahahaha.
You have further proved my point. If you work hard and achieve success, you may indeed acquire some of these "toys" when you grow up. In the mean time, stay in school, eat your vegetables and listen to your mom and dad. I'm sure you'll do just fine in a few years.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
You have further proved my point. If you work hard and achieve success, you may indeed acquire some of these "toys" when you grow up. In the mean time, stay in school, eat your vegetables and listen to your mom and dad. I'm sure you'll do just fine in a few years.
I kinda agree and disagree.........

Stay in school? Only leads to an job....need to learn to own your own businesss to really get rich. don't go to businesss school though, how are you going to be taught by someone thats making $30-$40,000 a year to teach you about businesss. If they really knew about businesss, they would be running one, not teaching.

Listen to Parents? Disagree here only if they are not rich. If you are looking to be rich, and your parents arent...then you cant go that route, they are victims of "THE SYSTEM" in which 97% of the population is as well, so you have to get your info from someone who is living the lifestyle you want and making the type of money you want. If thats not your parents, that not who you need to talk too. Make sense?

Eat Vegteables? Oh yes, I truly agree here, because you have to stay healthy, because it doesn't matter how much money you wanna make, or how much time you want to spend with your loved ones, if you have a serious challenge with your health, then would agree? It would be hard to enjoy your money and your time with your family.

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
I consider myself a bit of a playboy.(English Accent). I'm 17, drive a Mercedes-Benz + Ducati 1098 Super-bike. At the age of 15 I had invested my money in a "small company". That small company's size has exploded since, and I now receive a large percentage of earnings + shares.:cool:
getting off topic F1Redbull:

there's a show called Caveman coming out this fall i believe - may have been influenced by the (in my opinion) histerical commercials of Geico

look forward to watching them

becomingwater

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Florida
I know of a lawyer who is wealthy and has 12 iPhones sitting in his living room a long with SONY laptops and other hi tech gadgets. He does have an iPhone, but with the iPhones he goes to clubs and bars and if someone is really cool and talks to him he lets them pick what they want.

cmoney

Jul 27, 2007
I know of a lawyer who is wealthy and has 12 iPhones sitting in his living room a long with SONY laptops and other hi tech gadgets. He does have an iPhone, but with the iPhones he goes to clubs and bars and if someone is really cool and talks to him he lets them pick what they want.
Uh, you mean he lures people to his house with the promise of free candy? :p

Though I do have to admit, the iPhone so far has been a great wingman...:laugh2:

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I kinda agree and disagree.........

Stay in school? Only leads to an job....need to learn to own your own businesss to really get rich. don't go to businesss school though, how are you going to be taught by someone thats making $30-$40,000 a year to teach you about businesss. If they really knew about businesss, they would be running one, not teaching.

Listen to Parents? Disagree here only if they are not rich. If you are looking to be rich, and your parents arent...then you cant go that route, they are victims of "THE SYSTEM" in which 97% of the population is as well, so you have to get your info from someone who is living the lifestyle you want and making the type of money you want. If thats not your parents, that not who you need to talk too. Make sense?

Eat Vegteables? Oh yes, I truly agree here, because you have to stay healthy, because it doesn't matter how much money you wanna make, or how much time you want to spend with your loved ones, if you have a serious challenge with your health, then would agree? It would be hard to enjoy your money and your time with your family.
If you go to a real businesss school...ie not University of Phoenix or some other "Internet" businesss school...the PROFESSORs teach because they have made it and want to share their knowledge...plus being a PROFESSOR is prestigious.

genexrocket

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
uuuuuummmmmm, why is every single person in this thread replying that they aren't rich? did i miss something? I thought the title of the thread was "Anyone really RICH own an iPhone and willing to reveal themselves?"
not, " anyone average willing to reveal themselves?" lol, just fyi...

uuuuuummmmmm, why is every single person in this thread replying that they aren't rich? did i miss something? I thought the title of the thread was "Anyone really RICH own an iPhone and willing to reveal themselves?"
not, " anyone average willing to reveal themselves?" lol, just fyi...
Possibly just because people aren't really willing to admit they are rich. It tends to make someone sound snotty and arrogant.