Anyone Receive an odd Text Message?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wangmaster

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Hello all...
I received a weird text message this morning. It looked like a spam text about downloading pictures and ringtones. Has anyone received anythign like this?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Hello all...
I received a weird text message this morning. It looked like a spam text about downloading pictures and ringtones. Has anyone received anythign like this?

No, not yet. It didn't say anything about "AT&T" or "Cingular" did it? Perhaps as the name of the sender?

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Hello all...
I got a weird e-mail about a week ago from an obviously foreign phone number (it had an international code). The content was something like, "Wow...I sure had a long morning. How are you?" I remember reading something about spam TXT messages like that - when you reply, you wind up getting billed some insane charge. The content of the TXT tries to incite some reply from the recipient. Not quite as blatant as the one you received, but it certainly sounds like you got spammed.

Wangmaster

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
No, not yet. It didn't say anything about "AT&T" or "Cingular" did it? Perhaps as the name of the sender?
It looked like it had html code in it because i saw break tags and such. It came from a type of 5 digit number like 35 5944. It was so early in the morning while i was sleeping that I was like wtf? and immediately deleted it. :(