Anyone Restore 3.0 from Backup and keep Utube?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Wanna restore my 3.0 to 3.0!......but SO don't wanna newphone-it!
thanks

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I know there's another thread about this, I was wondering if anyone HAD got a working utube off a backup restore.......or whether its an across the board rule to go newphone.
thanks

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I am one of the lucky ones and I did a restore from backup to upgrade to 3.0, and my YouTube has been working fine. I know that I am a rare case, however. It might be worth a try since you know it IS possible, but the odds are not on your side.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Not sure if this applies to current iPhones, but I'm wondering if we will not be seeing the youtube app in the future. AT&T does not seem to want sites like youtube streaming over their 3g network anymore.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10211311-1.html
I don't believe it applies to YouTube, that's a native application on the iPhone that even many AT&T execs use. I tend to believe what this guy wrote in a comment:
bonesbautista said:
Gotta reply here, too many people running with the incorrect idea.

DataConnect is for tethering and data cards ONLY - I use both, and I have an iPhone. The terms for unreasonable use has always been clear, and ATTWS has just never enforced it to a "T" - and nothing here in this blog or its earlier terms of service. I read my contract, and even when data was unlimited via tethering or via a data card, streaming/file sharing & serving/full time data use were prohibited. The updated TOS gets more specific because too many abusers are circumventing the more-general rules.

Cell phone plans are not affected, however, subscribers need to stick to the intended use of the devices.

Yes, it's your phone. It's their network. Get over it. From their own technical support staff, 5% of the users consume 90% of their data - it's the same message that both Sprint and Verizon have, and I tether with Verizon too. If you tether, you're restricted by the data cap - if you don't tether, you get unlimited data using the apps available to you through authorized channels. They're trying to load balance a network with 40 million users who move around every day and night without warning - think about it from their perspective. And, I don't work for or prefer a carrier.