Anyone scratch the back of their first generation iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris07

Jun 30, 2007
Anyone scratch up the back of their iPhone yet. I know it's not that easy, but it happens after awhile. I managed to get a tiny scratch that you can't really see, but i can see it now it bothers me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
Yes, a lot of the markings was from a case I used, and the nick
was because the case failed to protect the phone when I
dropped it. Its all good though, the case is scratch free.:p

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
it will be a week this Thursday and I don't have a single scratch anywhere on the iPhone, hopefully it will stay that way for ever, I also don't plan on getting a case for it and I just put it in my pocket with the polishing cloth and that's doing just fine so far.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
That's why I use a skin like Invisible Shield or bestskinever. Even if you don't put one on the screen, I think putting a sking on the back/sides of the iPhone is, like, mandatory for several reasons: 1) prevents scratches of any kind, 2) makes the iPhone a little less slippery and dropworthy, and 3) will still fit in cradle without having to take it out of a case all the time.

No, a skin won't gaurantee prevention of shock damage if you drop the iPhone, but then again, neither will a lot of cases. but I still think using a skin without a case is the best solution for protection of the iPhone while still preserving it's cool looks and design.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Im still trying my best to keep mine scratch free but more and more say they have scratches ... a friend of mine had it in those Isee clear cases it fell on its face and the top of the clear case cracked a little and the screen got a scratch ... - i no longer trust the iPhone video stress test -

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
my back has a few small marks on it but overall not that bad. doesn't really matter what the back looks like to me as long as the screen is gorgeous. I bought a belkin acryic case today for warped tour this weekend. We will see how the phone is after that.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
my back has a few small marks on it but overall not that bad. doesn't really matter what the back looks like to me as long as the screen is gorgeous. I bought a belkin acryic case today for warped tour this weekend. We will see how the phone is after that.

Be careful with that I mean its just like your friend dropping your phone :p

lol there is a thread on here that reviews the phone many say debris get inside and tend to scratch the phone but then again you did say as long as the front is fine lol...