Anyone scratch there screen yet?

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
anyone scratched the beauty yet? any little nicks or small tiny scratches?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Nope. Don't know if you saw that PC World Review Video, but even when the guy too a key to the screen it didn't leave a mark.

I would imagine over time though they'd start to appear.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Nope. Don't know if you saw that PC World Review Video, but even when the guy too a key to the screen it didn't leave a mark.

I would imagine over time though they'd start to appear.
YOu got a link?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I have a really hard time believing that if you took a key to it (like they did in the stress test) and apply a decent amount of pressure it would not scratch. The screen is not made of some ultra composite material that we have not heard of - it is simply made of glass. I guarantee you that if I try and key my window if you scratch.
Not willing to test this theory out with my iPhone, but I would think it would be simple physics when applying a sharp object with significant force to a glass surface.

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
I bought a 35 dollar leather case at the ATT store when I bought it and it came with a little plastic screen to put over the phone. I can hardly tell it's there and it protects it very well so far.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
cool thats insane. yeah i doubt he pushed very hard though.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
My leather case would prevent it from getting scratched even if I dropped it face down.