Anyone selling their iPhones for the V2 release?

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
I sold mine about an hour ago on CL. Good idea/bad idea. I don't know. All I do know is I broke dead even on my investment, so I'm not worried about anything.

Anyone else trying to get rid of their phones for the new release? Do it quickly!

Reason is, there is such a high demand on this phone and people are still willing to pay close to retail for it (IF it's in good condition), especially if it's unlocked. Wait too long and your 1stGen iPhone won't be worth squat due to everyone trying to sell their olds ones for pennies on the dollar. Also, this is a good time for anyone looking to buy an iPhone, to get a good deal on the 1stGens.

This is how I look at things. If the new version comes out, and is overpriced and isn't worth it due to lame features, I can easily go back to the V1. Plus, after the 2ndGen release, the 1stGen phone price will drop big time. Now, that $300 investment might end up being only a $200 investment, or possibly lower.

atldvd

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
N.E. Oklahoma
I sold mine on ebay. I posted it around 9PM with a buy it now price about $15 less than I paid for it, and I had the paypal money before 5AM the next morning. With all the speculation about the new version coming, it puzzles me why the demand for V1 phones is still so high. Now I'm just waiting to see what the V2 phone will have to offer!

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
The reason it is so high is because the mass majority doesn't know a new one is coming out in 2 weeks :cool:

May 24, 2008
I'm really excited about iPhone 2. So like many of you I am preparing to sell my original iPhone on ebay or to a friend so I can get ready for the new model coming out in a few weeks! How much are you guys selling your 3E iPhone's for?

Does anyone have a guess as to how much the next generation iPhones will be!?

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
This kind of information is kept tightly under wraps. Anything you hear is a rumor, and can't be proven just yet. You'll just have to wait and see.

As I said above, if you can sell your phone now, and get a good price for it, I'd do it. The price for the V1's will drop in the coming days, so if you needed to you can always buy it again.

Plus, if the new one turns out being good, you won't be stuck trying to sell your current V1.

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
Ya, that first link was a LITTLE off lol... thanks for changing that.

Now you see what I'm saying as in, there is still a lot of hype...

I basically did the same thing this morning, except the dude gave me a few 20s, a few 10s, and a load of 5 dollar bills.. took me long to count the money than to make the transaction. I mean come on, it's like going to a drug deal with a suitcase of Washington's...

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i would really like to keep mine so i have an extra ipod around, but the money's tight right now... so i might throw it up on ebay around june 6 or 7 to test the water.

if it sells, great. if not, no biggie.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've had very bad experiences with eBay and PayPal, so I'm not selling mine. I'll either give it to a friend or (most likely) keep it as my jailbreaking iPhone. Money's a bit tight here too, and since I'm getting the MacBook, I'll probably have to hold off on 3G.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
im holding off on the 3g iPhonev2 also, ill just see how it plays out... i got he v1 on iday and that is cool with me...

Feb 17, 2008
I plan to keep mine as a spare for the new 3G that I'll get.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I dunno about other people, but i'm not selling. Yeah there is a lot of hype for the new phone, but i'm very happy with this version and i use the internet mostly when i'm at home with wi-fi. So the whole 3g aspect really isn't a selling point for me. I have a garmin nav (and i wouldn't wanna pay for the nav service on the phone). The interface should be relatively similar, and i hope they don't change the look of the phone, i like how it looks now. If the phone comes out and its great, i'll want to wait a few months anyway. There was the whole argument that they are rushing to get these phones out because of the dwindling supply in stores.

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida
I haven't decided what I am going to do. It really all depends if Apple releases more than just 3g and Gps like something no one saw coming. I think the device is perfect already, I don't know how much more they can improve it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Very happy with the current iPhone. 3G is not enough to get me to buy. I can't see paying more for 3g access when wifi is in more and more places for free. If I was to get the new phone though, I would still keep the one I have.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
to be honest, i have no idea if i'm going to buy v2 immediately (or even at all). i don't know how much it will be, i don't know how much a 3g data plan will be, i don't know what other features will be included, i don't know how bulky it will be...

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I can really use the 3g because I'm ok the Internet a lot during the day with no wi fi.
I just don't think I'm going to sell my iPhone yet tho until the official date of the new iPhone is released. What are you people using as a phone now?

I pretty much got my iPhone for free after my $100 rebate comes in the mail anyways so I don't mind taking a little hit when the new iPhone comes out

iphoneshmeyephone

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Just sold my 4gb refurb for 325. That makes for a $75 loss . . . . Shucks

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
What are you people using as a phone now?
I have 2 other phones. The iPhone was what I resorted to when I wanted some freedom from my job at home. Now I'm stuck at home :(

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
just got my 16 gig last week, genius hooked me up when mine had a bubble under the screen. so, i'll wait and see what v2 has to offer. because right now my area doesn't have 3g so why spend the extra for 3g when i'm only using edge.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that is exactly why i think (hope) there will be more to the next iPhone than 3g.