Anyone still going strong with 60+ hour activation?

ebcoh

Jul 2, 2007
It seems like all the delayed posters have begun to get their iPhones... except me. Still going on 60 hours. Beginning to get extremely upset.

The worst part isn't even not getting to use the phone. It's that the friends that I called friday when I was in line for 7 hours for the iPhone, the friends that brought me food in line and came and visited, a few of them have iPhones now.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It seems like all the delayed posters have begun to get their iPhones... except me. Still going on 60 hours. Beginning to get extremely upset.

The worst part isn't even not getting to use the phone. It's that the friends that I called friday when I was in line for 7 hours for the iPhone, the friends that brought me food in line and came and visited, a few of them have iPhones now.

If you haven't gone to the store, and switched the SIM card yet, then your wait will never be over. If you haven't switched the SIM, you need to do so.
I've heard this is the solution to this problem. So i've heard.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Could be worse

Got mine 7:30 Friday and now on phone # 2, sim #2 and still it won't work and no service! Now they want me to make an appointment so I can take back my 2nd iflop.:mad:

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
Got mine 7:30 Friday and now on phone # 2, sim #2 and still it won't work and no service! Now they want me to make an appointment so I can take back my 2nd iflop.:mad:
what service were you switching from? i heard that sprint, verizon, t-mobile are the REAL problem for the majority of activation issues. don't think it can only be your iPhone with problems. more likely its the service you are switching from is sabotaging the whole thing.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
what service were you switching from? i heard that sprint, verizon, t-mobile are the REAL problem for the majority of activation issues. don't think it can only be your iPhone with problems. more likely its the service you are switching from is sabotaging the whole thing.
Yes, i'm not 100% sure, but I think they have to actually "release" your phone #, if you're porting numbers from another service. Meaning, they could act like little b*tches and make it take ALOT longer.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
iPhone #3 coming up.

I have been activated since early Sat morning. The phone just goes into what I call Mystery mode and won't work as a cell phone or as an Apple ipod. Both phones have done this mystery mode. I could make two dropped calls on Saturday. I got the activation e-mail and sms message stating that I was actived Sat. I have been on the phone with Apple for hours and they have no clue. I am going to get phone # 3 when I can. I am at work and can't stand in a line or wait for hours for ATT or Apple to figure it out. This time I am taking my macbook. I won't leave the store until it works correctly.

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
Stop dealing with CS and call the Porting # 888-898-7685. Restart the activation as a new phone (no porting)... then the person on the phone will port in manually. Takes 10-15 and you're done.

ebcoh

Jul 2, 2007
writing this on iPhone! Was a problem with family plan. New sim card really works!

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I just called this number (ATT) and they said that my Verizon # has already been ported to ATT on Sat. I actually knew this since I could make a call Sat. I think it is definitely a hardware issue, perhaps a bad lot of iPhones.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Stop dealing with CS and call the Porting # 888-898-7685. Restart the activation as a new phone (no porting)... then the person on the phone will port in manually. Takes 10-15 and you're done.
I second this motion. It was my solution after 45 hours and after trying the new SIM card trick which also failed for me. ut did exactly as outlined here excpt it was done through the 3701 number. Just be nice and frustrated and beg for help and mercy and despite what they say they CAN activate you on the phone while you're on with them. None of the techs I talked to had any idea why the new SIM card thing worked other than luck of the draw starting a new activation and sliding right through just as some did Friday night and others of us got sent to Activation hell, not passing Go and not collecting $200 and damn if I'm paying the $36 activationvation fee. Still so hot I can't half type -- sorry!The finally helpful and wonderful girl in Canada walked the activation right through with a new ATT number and put the port request through for later.

now i did have to call that port number mentioned this morning and now three days later they still had seen NO REQUEST for porting. This lady put it through and assured me i would happen by noon.

c1ockwerk

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
No need to wait for activation, call 877-800 i forget the rest but its on the forums here. They are now doing over the phone activations

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
62 plus hours. Been on hold with AT&T for 30 minutes this time.

c1ockwerk

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
here i found the number 877 800 3701 call and they will activate it over the phone

liljohn

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
NJ
finally got the email this morning. yes!

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Finally, 63.5 hours later, I got access.

I feel like I've just birthed a baby.

matyb2233

Jun 24, 2007
I second this motion. It was my solution after 45 hours and after trying the new SIM card trick which also failed for me. ut did exactly as outlined here excpt it was done through the 3701 number. Just be nice and frustrated and beg for help and mercy and despite what they say they CAN activate you on the phone while you're on with them. None of the techs I talked to had any idea why the new SIM card thing worked other than luck of the draw starting a new activation and sliding right through just as some did Friday night and others of us got sent to Activation hell, not passing Go and not collecting $200 and damn if I'm paying the $36 activationvation fee. Still so hot I can't half type -- sorry!The finally helpful and wonderful girl in Canada walked the activation right through with a new ATT number and put the port request through for later.

now i did have to call that port number mentioned this morning and now three days later they still had seen NO REQUEST for porting. This lady put it through and assured me i would happen by noon.
hello call the Apple activation department hey were the one who activated mine after 22 hrs

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
mine took 24 hrs....if problems, call 866 802 7560.