Anyone still having activation probs?

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Got it about two hours ago and got the dreaded email from iTunes.
After reading all the horror stories by folks waiting days, I decided to hedge my bet and call for help. Friendly Canadian guy, but wasn't able to accomplish anything. He asked me to call back in an hour. He said a rep had logged into my account to edit, and failed to log out.
Being my main source of communication (I don't use a landline), if this isn't fixed by morning, I guess I'll have had a very short iPhone experience cause it'll have to go back. It's my businesss line, so I can't wait days to get this done. I haven't read of any long delays recently, so I thought I was safe. He told me some people have had to wait a week or longer...

Anybody else recently have problems?

:mad:

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
if it says waiting for activation try to turn the phone off and then on mine said that and when i did that it worked it was weird

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Got it about two hours ago and got the dreaded email from iTunes.
After reading all the horror stories by folks waiting days, I decided to hedge my bet and call for help. Friendly Canadian guy, but wasn't able to accomplish anything. He asked me to call back in an hour. He said a rep had logged into my account to edit, and failed to log out.
Being my main source of communication (I don't use a landline), if this isn't fixed by morning, I guess I'll have had a very short iPhone experience cause it'll have to go back. It's my businesss line, so I can't wait days to get this done. I haven't read of any long delays recently, so I thought I was safe. He told me some people have had to wait a week or longer...

Anybody else recently have problems?

:mad:
Mine was up and number ported in less than ten minutes

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I thought I'd be safe waiting a few weeks for ATT to get everything running smoothly.

Also thought I'd be safe since I simply transferred an existing ATT number.

Wrong on both counts.

I'll try the off/on thing...

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Actually it doesn't say "waiting for activation" on the phone or in iTunes. The phone is connected to iTunes, but when I slide the slider, it says "no service" in the upper left corner.
When I turn on the phone it says, "Activate iPhone, connect to iTunes" - even though it is currently connected.

buzznfrog

Jul 14, 2007
My number port was also well managed by AT&T. In fact, I actually typed in the wrong phone number to port. My iPhone was unlocked and everything, I could even make calls! At&t ironed out the mess with the number port (which was my fault) and had it fixed in about 30 minutes.

I too had activation worries before buying the iPhone. My advice: don't worry.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Mine was up and number ported in less than ten minutes
same here, probably has to do with the area you live in. I live in dallas as well.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Actually it doesn't say "waiting for activation" on the phone or in iTunes. The phone is connected to iTunes, but when I slide the slider, it says "no service" in the upper left corner.
When I turn on the phone it says, "Activate iPhone, connect to iTunes" - even though it is currently connected.

That definitely sounds like just a service thing, I would try the hold (sleep button and home button) till it says slide to power off. Power off then back on. My first time was 36 hrs, second time was 5 minutes.. is your old phone still working?

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Old phone was deactivated immediately.

All good now, though. Took about three hours - a pita, but a far cry better than some of the posts I read on here!

Thanks for the encouragement. Now for a little iPhone time...

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
that's great news your going to love the iPhone .I am actually typing this on it now