Anyone tried Mail2Web yet?

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Push email/calendar/contacts without paying for something like MobileMe (yes, MobileMe does do a lot more... but for simple push email/IM notification, this seems perfect)?

http://lifehacker.com/398526/set-up-push-email-contacts-and-calendar-on-your-iphone-for-free

I can see this being very useful for push notification with BeeJive etc. You can even set up your GMail account (if you happen to use GMail as your main email address) to forward to Mail2Web. Seems like a nice work-around for PUSH email/IM.

But who knows... that's why I'm asking y'all. lol

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I used it with my old phone. It works quite well. The question is whether or not you want to deal with the hassle of having a proxy email service. I got tired of getting notification via one service, then having to reply via another, go to the other account and delete the duplicate email, etc. It's another level of complexity to something that should be simple.

If you can get past that, it's a nice, free service that works as advertised. At least on my old phone. But I'm pretty sure I've read about others using it successfuly on the iPhone.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah I hear you on that... When I get my phone on Friday, I'll give this a try. Only way to see if I can handle the extra few steps is to give it a go. :)

Heck, I might even forgo the GMail forwarding and just use this for when I'm not home.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I used it with my old phone. It works quite well. The question is whether or not you want to deal with the hassle of having a proxy email service. I got tired of getting notification via one service, then having to reply via another, go to the other account and delete the duplicate email, etc. It's another level of complexity to something that should be simple.

If you can get past that, it's a nice, free service that works as advertised. At least on my old phone. But I'm pretty sure I've read about others using it successfuly on the iPhone.
Actually, you don't need to go into another account to reply. Mail2Web has a feature in their control panel where you can change the reply-to address, so when replying from Mail2Web you can have it appear as though its coming from Gmail, Yahoo, whatever.

Joe

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Push email/calendar/contacts without paying for something like MobileMe (yes, MobileMe does do a lot more... but for simple push email/IM notification, this seems perfect)?

http://lifehacker.com/398526/set-up-push-email-contacts-and-calendar-on-your-iphone-for-free

I can see this being very useful for push notification with BeeJive etc. You can even set up your GMail account (if you happen to use GMail as your main email address) to forward to Mail2Web. Seems like a nice work-around for PUSH email/IM.

But who knows... that's why I'm asking y'all. lol
PLEASE tell me you aren't the person who did all that make up for the cat. I swear to God if it's you, then I am really sorry for saying this but I just can't hold myself, BURN IN HELL. (I'm sorry if it isn't you, it just pisses me off seeing that done to helpless little animals).

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
PLEASE tell me you aren't the person who did all that make up for the cat. I swear to God if it's you, then I am really sorry for saying this but I just can't hold myself, BURN IN HELL. (I'm sorry if it isn't you, it just pisses me off seeing that done to helpless little animals).
It looks like it's photochopped. If not, poor kitty.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
LMAO no It's not my cat. Just some random pic I found on the net. And by the looks of it, it looks like it's photoshopped too. :laugh2:

Re: Quake... nice!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Ahh okay, I am really sorry then. The person who did that to the cat should burn in hell for real.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Actually, you don't need to go into another account to reply. Mail2Web has a feature in their control panel where you can change the reply-to address, so when replying from Mail2Web you can have it appear as though its coming from Gmail, Yahoo, whatever.

Joe
Hmmm, can you do this with the free Mail2Web Live?

subguy812

Sep 26, 2007
I used Mail2Web and it worked well, however I think there was a small fee for their pay service if you wanted to change the reply to.

Skiergary

Dec 8, 2008
I have been useing mail2web from the first day I got my iPhone 3g. Works great also I had been useing it with my former blackjack and blackjack II phones. You can forward as many accounts as you want to push. A+