Anyone tried the BeatMaker app?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Indeed, it does look very awesome, but I'm not too crazy about the price.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
simple and looks very easy.
I'd love that...

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
It looks like having experience using a sequencer and/or a drum machine would definitely help here. I wonder if you can export beats to your computer? Otherwise, this is just a "for fun" program?

Sep 11, 2007
Definitely an underpriced program. You can export your finished song to the computer. You can also add your own drumkits.

You get so much for the price it's crazy.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Anyone know where I can get some free drumkits?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay, I plunked down a cool $20 and I like it so far. The learning curve is pretty high but soon enough I got some beats going and I'm going to see how far I can take this. :cool:

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay. The one downside to this great app is that sometimes the program gets laggy and I tend to want to press the home button which erases everything I did since the last save.

So, it's always a good idea to save.

Jul 14, 2008
hands down the best app in the app store for all music lovers... i mean outside of the physical hardware.. this app does a great job capturing the AKAI MPC.. i love this app and if you play your iPhone in your car stereo.. you can drive around and make beats all day long.. you can upload samples into the pads.. i DO NOT buy apps... but this one was well worth it.. after 10 minutes of playing with it.. you feel like you already got your moneys worth.. at least for me.. i love it.. i don't make beats but i do now!

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
now im never gonna put my phone down lol... crap app is the sh#t!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay. The one downside to this great app is that sometimes the program gets laggy and I tend to want to press the home button which erases everything I did since the last save.

So, it's always a good idea to save.
The latest update fixed all my criticisms about this program. It's a big update though. Well worth it.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yesterday's update was another great one. Now, you can clear a project without exiting. These updates are bigger than 10MB each though.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
New update is out! :cool: I like the landscape opening screen already...

BTW, I just bought some Vmoda Duos and BeatMaker sounds friggin AWESOME with it! :cool::cool::cool:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Let's hear some of you guys music. Is there anyway for you to upload it here so that we can hear what you've made? Is there a 'beatmaker' specific site where everyone puts up their music?

What a creative app, this will probably be the first app I buy (for 20 bucks that is ;)).

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Okay. The one downside to this great app is that sometimes the program gets laggy.
How "laggy" we talkin' about here? Like unplayable laggy? How often? Give us some details please. Sounds like a great app but if its gonna be frustratingly laggy all the time then that's a rather large sore spot I'd say.

Thanks.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
How "laggy" we talkin' about here? Like unplayable laggy? How often? Give us some details please. Sounds like a great app but if its gonna be frustratingly laggy all the time then that's a rather large sore spot I'd say.

Thanks.
Well I made that comment before the first update. We have already been through several major upgrades and I'm having fun! I find it to be a much stabler program now. At first there were crashes once in a while, and one of those times it erased my song! But it's much better now and if you were interrupted by a call it will now save your last changes. The peeps who make this are SUPER serious about their craft.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Let's hear some of you guys music. Is there anyway for you to upload it here so that we can hear what you've made? Is there a 'beatmaker' specific site where everyone puts up their music?

What a creative app, this will probably be the first app I buy (for 20 bucks that is ;)).
I do wish there was a place to upload them. Maybe I'll figure something out.