anyone tried the remote buddy AJAX remote?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
on the second page of Apple's web apps, there is AJAX remote for remote buddy. My remote buddy trial expired, so I can't try it. Anyone have experience with this app?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
on the second page of Apple's web apps, there is AJAX remote for remote buddy. My remote buddy trial expired, so I can't try it. Anyone have experience with this app?
Yes, I got it when it first came out. It's sophisticated and accurate. However, after I got over the excitement of controlling my Mac from a distance, I went back to my keyboard and forgot all about it.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Yes, I got it when it first came out. It's sophisticated and accurate. However, after I got over the excitement of controlling my Mac from a distance, I went back to my keyboard and forgot all about it.
hey, thanks for the reply!

I have a mac mini hooked up to my downstairs TV that I use to show clients projects, or play music at parties etc. and I thought this would be better than having to use the BT keyboard and mouse...so this sounds great.

I have 2 questions:
  1. Is there a lot of (or any) firewall stuff that I'd have to do?
  2. The screen shots are not clear to me...does the album art show on your phone?

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
this is my new favorite thing on my iPhone.

I thought that I would have to buy remote buddy, then buy the AJAX remote software on top of that, and that is why I asked for help instead of just trying.

I realized that i misunderstood, and downloaded the 30 day demo.

this app is amazing!

OK...it is slowish, but still amazing.

I have to think that as a native app this would work way faster.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't remember having to configure any firewall. Now that you mention it, my firewalls are turned off! And yes, I could see the album art.