Anyone tried updating the IPCC file on 3G S?

notjustgc

Bronze
Jun 18, 2009
I've never been on the iPhone texting plan, so I'm hoping that once I get my new toy later today I'll be able to go "under the radar" and enable MMS without Apple so much as even knowing about it. However, it would be nice to know that it's even worth the effort of updating the IPCC file... anyone have any luck with this yet?

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
Yeah, I have the MMS icon there, but I'm on the phone with AT&T right now trying to get it to send the message, been on the phone for about 30 minutes now, getting pissed. I keep telling the stupid lady that i need to be on a non-iphone texting plan like i was on the 3G, she thinks she knows whats best but she doesn't. If this doesn't work i guess im going to have to try the dummy AT&T phone method.

EDIT: Oh and under "Carrier" in "Settings" it still shows AT&T 4.0 instead of AT&T 5.0 for some odd reason.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Can you tell me how to get the ipcc file, and give the mms option. Thanks

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, I have the MMS icon there, but I'm on the phone with AT&T right now trying to get it to send the message, been on the phone for about 30 minutes now, getting pissed. I keep telling the stupid lady that i need to be on a non-iphone texting plan like i was on the 3G, she thinks she knows whats best but she doesn't. If this doesn't work i guess im going to have to try the dummy AT&T phone method.

EDIT: Oh and under "Carrier" in "Settings" it still shows AT&T 4.0 instead of AT&T 5.0 for some odd reason.
Can u let us know if it allows you to send video mms. When u hit the camera button in messages to add a mms, does it give you options to access video and camera and also add from existing video and pictures..? Thanks! This is great news!

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
Can u let us know if it allows you to send video mms. When u hit the camera button in messages to add a mms, does it give you options to access video and camera and also add from existing video and pictures..? Thanks! This is great news!
Yes, it does.. when you click the little camera icon in the messages app it shows:

"Take Photo or Video"
"Choose Existing"

Still can't send any out yet though, get the fun error message.

notjustgc

Bronze
Jun 18, 2009
I'm off to run a teleconference until about 2PM, but my 3GS is supposed to get here by 4:30PM, so I'll give this a shot at that point and let you guys know what happens. Let's keep our fingers crossed, eh?

JustinCarpenter

Bronze
Mar 24, 2009
Michigan
I honestly think everyone should give up with MMS. It is a feature that can be waited our for a few more months. I had it working for a few days, but it messed with my plan so I had to get rid of it.