Anyone tried using audio Y cables with iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone's tried to use the iPhone on their home audio system, or boombox, or even a large PA by using 1/8" audio Y cables? I used to do it with my iPod all the time, but wasn't sure if anyone had success using the iPhone in this manner.

Thanks!

Coolstrategist

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone's tried to use the iPhone on their home audio system, or boombox, or even a large PA by using 1/8" audio Y cables? I used to do it with my iPod all the time, but wasn't sure if anyone had success using the iPhone in this manner.

Thanks!
I use with the sound system in my Excursion all the time. I hook it up the the "audio in" (red/white inputs) of the dvd entertainment system and then dock my iPhone and plug into the dock.

It plays perfectly. I am now going to purchase the video cables and see how that works.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I use with the sound system in my Excursion all the time. I hook it up the the "audio in" (red/white inputs) of the dvd entertainment system and then dock my iPhone and plug into the dock.

It plays perfectly. I am now going to purchase the video cables and see how that works.

Great, thanks for the reply. I tried to hook my iPhone up through my band's PA system this past Saturday, but got nothing. However, I think I needed a headphone adapter as I doubt I got the cable all the way in. I'll have to get one and try again.