Anyone try Logmein.com on their iPhone?

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Still on the fence about buying an iPhone but wanted to see if
anyone has tried to use Logmein.com on their Safari browser to see if it works.
Logmein is a free program that allows you to access your home computer(s) and control it.

... also does anyone know if Orb.com works as well?

Thanks

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Still on the fence about buying an iPhone but wanted to see if
anyone has tried to use Logmein.com on their Safari browser to see if it works.
Logmein is a free program that allows you to access your home computer(s) and control it.

... also does anyone know if Orb.com works as well?

Thanks
In Orb photos work, Music Doesn't, Videos work if in MP4 format, Internet Tv Doesn't, TV Tuner card Doesn't.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
logmein does not work yet. Once the update comes with flash support it will work.
It works now but not for the impatient because in Remote Control it has to refresh the page everytime you tap the iPhone screen to make a selection or navigate. Though the user interface appears clean and easy, navigation can be frustrating on the iPhone. At least, that has been my experience. YMMV.

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
It works now but not for the impatient because in Remote Control it has to refresh the page everytime you tap the iPhone screen to make a selection or navigate. Though the user interface appears clean and easy, navigation can be frustrating on the iPhone. At least, that has been my experience. YMMV.
That's good to know.
I found Logmein very useful on my Treo, but I can see how the touch interface on the iPhone can be difficult to handle with the program.
I tried the RDM program, and it is also a little frustrating - their "workaround" to the iPhone's ability is that they create several icons after each touch to let the program know if you mean to click, doubleclick, text, more move the cursor... a little slow, but i guess better than nothing.