Anyone try the iPhoneInterface hack yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL

daviddogma

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I just downloaded the program. It supposedly lets you manage your files and folders so you don't have to use the sync with iTunes. This will allow custom ringtones, etc. Plus you can mess with other features internally.

Engadget reported on it...you can find links to the zip file on the comments section. I'm going to try it out.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/06/iPhoneinterface-hack-gets-you-inside-the-phone/#comments

Keep us posted on this. I was thinking about it, but I don't want to void the warranty, especially if I end up taking my phone back due to speaker volume issues.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
The program uses lame DOS. Well I guess you can't expect a GUI in the first 7 days lol. Still, I booted it up and it says "waiting for phone". Hmm...a little scary. Anyone want to go first?

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Well, it's a DOS shell. If any of you folks remember those good old days and are comfortable with command prompts, here's what you see with the program. When you connect the phone it immediately see it and gives the following menu:

help = help screen (this, also help services and help values)
ls = list directories
cd = change directories
mkdir = make directory
deviceinfo = get device info
fileinfo = get file info
readvalue = read a value
activate = activate iPhone with plist
deactivate = deactivate iPhone
startservice = start service on iPhone
enterrecovery = enter recover mode ***WARNING: YOU'LL NEED TO RESTORE***
quit = exit shell

So I listed directories. Reminds me of my PSP. Mine shows:

DCIM
Photos
com.apple.iTunes.lock_sync
iTunes_Control

If you look at the files you see lots of hex code. I don't think I'm messing with this program until they make a GUI for it. I just want to manipulate the folders to manage my music without iTunes and add mp3 ringtones.