Anyone update to 1.1.3 with a hacked/jailbroken iPhone?

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
My iPhone is still a virgin no update phone that has been jailbroken and hacked (not unlocked, i'm still with AT&T) Some of the features of 1.1.3 have me considering going back to a plain screened non hacked iPhone, but..... I'm still unsure about bricking. Has anyone upgraded with their hacked/jailbroken phone yet? If so what were the results?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
My iPhone is still a virgin no update phone that has been jailbroken and hacked (not unlocked, i'm still with AT&T) Some of the features of 1.1.3 have me considering going back to a plain screened non hacked iPhone, but..... I'm still unsure about bricking. Has anyone upgraded with their hacked/jailbroken phone yet? If so what were the results?
I upgraded with no problems. You lose all your jailbroke stuff (well at least access to it) but it worked. However you won't be able to downgrade to 1.1.2 just so you know.

caboose

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
I'm staying with my jailbroken 1.1.2 until a jailbreak comes out, i don't want to lose all my programs I have, which almost already do what 1.1.3 does.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Hope this isn't a stupid question, but why would I want to downgrade to anything after installing 1.1.3? Right now I have the original 1.0.0. I haven't done a single upgrade since owning it.

I hope they come out with something quick. I really like the "kind of gps" LOL I can think of quite a few times where that would've came in handy....

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but why would I want to downgrade to anything after installing 1.1.3? Right now I have the original 1.0.0. I haven't done a single upgrade since owning it.

I hope they come out with something quick. I really like the "kind of gps" LOL I can think of quite a few times where that would've came in handy....
Well, I tried downgrading once I realized that my GoPhone sim would no longer work in my upgraded 1.1.3 iPhone.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone with ATT. Do I have to restore and lose my data, or can I just update and go to 1.1.3?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone with ATT. Do I have to restore and lose my data, or can I just update and go to 1.1.3?
Are you wanting to forget about your jailbreak?

If so just then just do the restore at 1.1.3. Be sure to sync the phone first with sync so that it backs up your data. You will not lose anything, you just have to enter your passwords for email and wifi in settins after the restore.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ

If so just then just do the restore at 1.1.3. Be sure to sync the phone first with sync so that it backs up your data. You will not lose anything, you just have to enter your passwords for email and wifi in settins after the restore.
The Wifi passwords are the problem :( It will be hard to get some of them again.

Any other options?

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL

you make it sound like it will remain jailbroken even after the update...?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you should be able to update, which would keep your wifi passwords. problem is, there will be remnants of your 3p apps left on your phone, which, theoretically, could pose problems in the future. it is generally advised to manually clean these out before updating.