Anyone upgrade their iPhone AT the Apple store?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Ok. I'm ready to upgrade to 1.1.1. Little problem though. No computer.

What do you think the people at the Apple store will think if they see me using their in store macs to upgrade my iPhone? :laugh2:

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I don't think you will have a problem ... they are usually pretty good about that stuff ...

Is your phone modded?

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
How can you own a iPhone without a computer?

It's a fundamental part of the experience. Hell, it's necessary for music/video/photos. Plus all the settings and back-ups.

BTW, if you update the phone won't you loss all your data since it's not your computer you're syncing on?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Seriously, how without a computer? Do you have an aco**** on a computer at the Apple store?

I don't think they'll mind, but ask first in case.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, it's been tough. I tried to build a computer and the hardware was screwed up. I think the memory was bad, the motherboard was bad, AND the power supply was bad, and maybe the processor too! Seriously, I am the single most unlucky person on the planet. What are the odds that all 4 things I bought to upgrade my computer were lemons? It was a nightmare even touching that computer and now I don't even want to look at it. And I bought the hardware from Egghead and Tankguys, two exceptional companies for customer service. Still had nightmares. I'm working on getting the motherboard replaced now. Hopefully the processor is good.

About the iPhone. I had a very supportive girlfriend who had a laptop when I bought my iPhone on iDay. Activated it right there in The Galleria on her laptop. We broke up. She's in Barcelona now.

It does certainly suck suck suck. I love my iPhone but I HATE :mad: that you can't just plug it into any computer and transfer files/songs/videos. I can do that on my work computer easily with my Archos Media Player, but not on my iPhone. They won't let me put iTunes on my computer at work. I mostly use my iPhone for internet and as a phone. I don't use my iPhone for music much, except for my salsa class. I used a friend's laptop to sync my salsa music from my Archos then. But I've been aching to mod or at least get some of the cool apps. If I can get 1.1.1 then I can go to jailbreakme.com. I also want to be able to put some salsa routines on my iPhone too.

I can't wait to get my computer up and running!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
BTW, if you update the phone won't you loss all your data since it's not your computer you're syncing on?
Yeah, I'm wondering that myself. Do you have to sync in order to update? If you do, then I won't do it. The music I have on the phone is too important for me.