anyone use iTunes to d/l movies to the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Anyone else download movies or tv episodes from iTunes? just curious if it works well on the iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I downloaded the Cotton Bowl last night. I thought it was strange that after I watched it, I got a message asking if I wanted to delete the video to preserve space on the phone? I didn't because I want to show it to people when they ask about my phone, but it makes sense to delete a huge video after you've watched it and then load it again later when you need it.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I downloaded the Cotton Bowl last night. I thought it was strange that after I watched it, I got a message asking if I wanted to delete the video to preserve space on the phone? I didn't because I want to show it to people when they ask about my phone, but it makes sense to delete a huge video after you've watched it and then load it again later when you need it.
The phone asked you if you wanted to delete it because of the size? I wish they let you delete smaller videos / maybe even photos that you loaded with iTunes (not the camera pictures)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The phone asked you if you wanted to delete it because of the size? I wish they let you delete smaller videos / maybe even photos that you loaded with iTunes (not the camera pictures)
Yep. I thought it was pretty cool. I guess if you download a TV show or something it would do the same thing. I'll try later tonight and see if that's the case.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah let me know I think that is pretty neat to ask that lol its like DVR with time warner after you watch you can keep it or delete it haha

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
If you mean syncing from iTunes (versus online downloading directly to the iPhone) then yes it works fine. When the iPhone is connected to your computer, go into iTunes, select the iPhone, click on the Video tab and select what you want to sync.

My only problem with this is that there aren't enough choices on the TV episodes, you can sync all, unwatched, most recent choices but I can't select specific episodes.

Anyone else download movies or tv episodes from iTunes? just curious if it works well on the iPhone.

Jul 4, 2007
works great for me

Using the new Nero 7 ultimate their recode to iPod worked great for the iPhone. I took movies and tv shows that Windows Media center recorded .DVR extension files and they played great.

I also upgraded to the Tivo Plus software and using the Tivo server on my PC hooked Ethernet to my Tivo transferred shows recorded in Tivo into .mp4 files and they played great. You have to enable a feature in the TV server software that is turned off by deafult - convert for use with my iPod H.264 and that only works in the plus version you have to pay for. After doing the regular Tivo to PC video transfer then the H.264 conversion begins and it takes a while.

But it all seems to work great
Jim

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I have a 24, House, Prison Break and The Office from iTunes loaded onto my iPhones. I also subscribe to a few video podcasts and they look good.