Anyone use their iPhone on a airplane yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
How many have used this while flying and how was it? This is one of the main things I'm looking forward to doing with the phone. Can you hear okay and more importantly over the sound of the plane? I've had that problem with many cd players etc. What was the battery life like?

Jul 10, 2007
I Have

I used mine on a 2 hrs flight. Watched Battlestar and listened to some tunes, was load enough with the Apple ear buds to block out the airplane sound.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Used it on my 13 hours returning from vacation in Hawaii. Music was plenty loud, battery lasted the whole trip, and even watched a movie.

2russky

Jun 26, 2007
I used it on 2 4-hour flights with Bose QuietComfort 3 headphones trough an adapter and with original headsets.
No problems with sound or battery life.

ItoGator

Jul 3, 2007
I used mine today. I brought my car charger and plugged it into the airplane's charger so no battery was lost. I saw a movie and had full charge when I landed!

bigcheese

Jul 3, 2007
I used mine today. I brought my car charger and plugged it into the airplane's charger so no battery was lost. I saw a movie and had full charge when I landed!
Me too- watched a movie- plenty of battery. This was pretty cool tho- I had 20 minutes left when we landed. When I got home i did a sync. When I used my Macbook to watch the rest of the movie it was right where I left off on the iPhone!

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
used mine this past week while flying to Bahamas. Watched 6 TV shows and only had a drain of 15% 'ish. Phone had been on standby for a little over 1.5 days with moderate use. I've had a great experience with battery life once I turned off WiFi from constantly searching for a wifi signal.