Anyone using an in-car FM transmitter/charger with iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
I am looking for some advice and a favor, I am looking to buy an in car FM transmitter/charger to use with my iPhone. Here's my quandary: I actually have a OEM in-car iPhone kit but I want to stream internet radio using the iRadio app. I had experimented with using ORB to stream stations on the go and it worked *until* one of the first updates when Apple included 'enhanced functionality' that has the ipod override any web audio as soon as it connects to the car. THANKS APPLE! I do have a AUX-in jack for audio as well, however I'll need to keep the phone charging as it drains quickly with the radio app. SO...before I go buy a separate charger and aux cable and have all that clutter in my console, I am wondering if the available FM transmitters/chargers that plug into the lighter behave the same, or if they transmit audio no matter where it's coming from in the device?

Could any of you that have one of these confirm that by simply trying to play any audio from the web through the transmitter, such as from seeqpod.com, an online hosted mp3 or through iradio if you have it installed ?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Where can you get FM transmitter cradles like that?!?! I've been seacrhing, and even looked at iLuv & Belkin as search terms, but cannot find anything like eithe rone...