Anyone Using Custom Boot Logos Yet?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I used to enjoy one on the 4 and 4s, I didn't know they were available for the 5s. I wonder if my old one will work.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I used to enjoy one on the 4 and 4s, I didn't know they were available for the 5s. I wonder if my old one will work.
These ones work a little differently from the ones we used a couple years ago. They are specific to each phone model. You can make one with most gifs. You just have to extract the .png files from the gif.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here are directions and a link for a video glitch boot logo for the black 5s:

Note: You will need to install both "animate" and "animate fix for ios 7" from Cydia for the boot logo to take affect.

1) Download iFile from Cydia

2) Open the above link in Safari on your device

3) Press Download and tap "Open in iFile"

4) Tap "Unarchiver"

5) Press Done

6) Press "Edit"

7) Tap the "Apple glitch" folder. Not the .rar

8) Press the clipboard icon on the bottom right

9) Press "Cut"

10) Go to /library/bootlogos

11) Edit -> Clipboard -> Paste

12) Open Settings -> BootLogo, set it to "Apple glitch" and respring

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I haven't tried any of these myself. I always disabled the pineApple back on the old jailbreaks. I'll tweak just about anything on my phone except the boot logo. It's unlikely, but if I do find myself stuck at the boot logo or in an infinite boot loop and unable to restore, I wouldn't want to walk into Apple with anything but an Apple on my screen. :oops: They'd probably replace it anyway, but still...

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Cool, thanks for the information. I don't think I'll go to the trouble at this juncture, but I might get the itch one day.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
Kadelic. I thought your profile pic was CARL but I wasn't sure. My screen saver is of him hitting the daisies.
GUNGA GALUNGA.