Anyone with 2 Apple devices not use Photo Stream?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kerriberri, Sep 25, 2014.

1. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

I have an iPad and an iPhone 6 but I don't want every picture I take with my phone to end up on my iPad so I keep photo stream turned off. If I want a pic on my iPad I usually just airdrop it. Does anyone else keep this turned off? Are there advantages/disadvantages to keeping it off/on?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I keep it off. I don't like having my pictures on every device. I just sync with my Mac every so often to get the pics on the computer.

3. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

I keep mine off also.. you can use PhotoSync or airdrop when needed.

4. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

Thank yo both so much! I definitely plan on using airdrop quite a bit. :)

Sent using iCafe app

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I like having all my devices synced at the same time so I keep it turned on and have access to all my notes, pictures, messages, etc.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Off here. But the other device is my wife's phone. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

7. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

I'm really concerned about the new photos and stuff on ios8. Will photo stream only keep the last 1000 photos still? I hear mixed things. I feel like I have some photos ONLY on my stream (to figure out which ones seems super daunting) and I worry that as I take more pics, the oldest will go away forever. I heard that now the 1000 thing is gone and it just stores everything but takes from your storage allowance.

BUT THEN for some reason since upgrading to the 6 and ios8 on my iPad two, a ton of storage freed up in my iCloud. I can't figure out why. I'm assuming maybe photos are gone? I don't know how one day I have 2 gb remaining and then the next I have 4 when to my eyes, it looks like not a lot is gone except instead of gbs of photos I now have less than a gb. Did I lose stuff?? Will I??