Anyone with 2 Apple devices not use Photo Stream?

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I have an iPad and an iPhone 6 but I don't want every picture I take with my phone to end up on my iPad so I keep photo stream turned off. If I want a pic on my iPad I usually just airdrop it. Does anyone else keep this turned off? Are there advantages/disadvantages to keeping it off/on?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I keep it off. I don't like having my pictures on every device. I just sync with my Mac every so often to get the pics on the computer.

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I keep it off. I don't like having my pictures on every device. I just sync with my Mac every so often to get the pics on the computer.
I keep mine off also.. you can use PhotoSync or airdrop when needed.

Thank yo both so much! I definitely plan on using airdrop quite a bit. :)

Sent using iCafe app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I like having all my devices synced at the same time so I keep it turned on and have access to all my notes, pictures, messages, etc.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Off here. But the other device is my wife's phone. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Bunk009

Bronze
Sep 16, 2014
I'm really concerned about the new photos and stuff on ios8. Will photo stream only keep the last 1000 photos still? I hear mixed things. I feel like I have some photos ONLY on my stream (to figure out which ones seems super daunting) and I worry that as I take more pics, the oldest will go away forever. I heard that now the 1000 thing is gone and it just stores everything but takes from your storage allowance.

BUT THEN for some reason since upgrading to the 6 and ios8 on my iPad two, a ton of storage freed up in my iCloud. I can't figure out why. I'm assuming maybe photos are gone? I don't know how one day I have 2 gb remaining and then the next I have 4 when to my eyes, it looks like not a lot is gone except instead of gbs of photos I now have less than a gb. Did I lose stuff?? Will I??