anySIM 1.1 DID NOT WORK with factory 1.1.1 iPhone

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I guess I should have researched a little more before I dove right into this. This is what I did:

1. Jailbroke my factory 1.1.1 phone
2. Installed anySIM with WinSCP, set its permissions
3. Put in my T-Mobile SIM
4. Ran anySIM 1.1
5. Restarted phone

I got the "Different SIM detected" message. I tried restarting the phone several times, switching the T-Mobile SIM for the AT&T back and forth several times. The AT&T one works fine still, but the T-Mobile one just says "Different SIM detected" every time.

What did I do wrong?

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
i'm not a pro but trying to help...
i think you put in your t-mobile sim after you run anysim?
*please don't hit me if i'm wrong*....

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
i'm not a pro but trying to help...
i think you put in your t-mobile sim after you run anysim?
*please don't hit me if i'm wrong*....
Thanks for trying. You're not right, but I appreciate the effort. I'm a little closer to figuring this out, but it has nothing to do with when I put the SIM in. Apparently with the new 1.1.1 you have to activate each SIM individually after unlocking it. They are telling me to use iNdependence, but since I don't have a Mac, I am looking for an alternative...

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks for trying. You're not right, but I appreciate the effort. I'm a little closer to figuring this out, but it has nothing to do with when I put the SIM in. Apparently with the new 1.1.1 you have to activate each SIM individually after unlocking it. They are telling me to use iNdependence, but since I don't have a Mac, I am looking for an alternative...
Good time to become a new Mac owner then and finally ditch that JOKE of an OS Windows :laugh2:

Oct 26, 2007
Reactivate

Hi guys.

The same happened to me and I got it working by reactivating using the iAsign method for the windows.

Apparently different from the activation in for the 1.0.2, on the 1.1.1 the activation process uses the SIM card ICCID for authentication. So, if you activated using a specific SIM card, after using AnySIM, you can only use the phone for that card.

I had this problem because during activation I use a test SIM card, and after unlocking I could only use it. To fix, I reactivated with the card I wanted to use and the "Activate 1.1.1 on Windows (iASign)" method described in http://www.iPhonegoboom.com/activate/activate111.html. That did the trick for me.

Just one note. If you used this method to activate the first time, remember to use new iPhoneActivation.pem and iPhoneActivation_private.pem since they are apparently changed when you run iASign the first time.

I hope that helps you.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
i was able to activate and unlock on my first try. i followed the instruction but i kind of accidentally skipped some of it