Just copying the soloution i saw on another website i have never tried it:
If you get the "couldn't locate the bytes to patch" error and you activated with a different cingular/att sim, you need to do the following steps:
1. Upload the following to a directory (I used /unlock):
2. SSH to the iPhone (I need to install openSSH using ibrickr 0.8 and used putty as my ssh client) and yes you need wi-fi working.
3. From SSH prompt type the following:
chmod +x bbupdater
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
4. Exit putty
5. Run anySIM from the springboard
6. Run PCACAY Activate.bat (if I didn't do this iTunes reported an invalid IMEI
7. Reboot phone
8. Optional: run iBrickr and remove openSSH and/or anySIM.
I found all the files from other posts in the forums (yes including the .eep and .fls files)