anySIM: unlock your iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
If you download and open ibrickr, anySIM is the first program on the list and can unlock your iPhone.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

nioted

Jul 21, 2007
got this message:

Unlock Failure

The flash operation succeeded but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom.

damnit!

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
I got that too... now trying this steps:

Needed:
wInstaller
iBrickr
PACAY by brasuco (newer)
anysim.pxl

1. Plug iPhone into iTunes (Keep original ATT sim in the iPhone) - Wait Till iTunes Recognizes it.

2. Hold On and Home Buttons Together for 20 seconds until the Yellow ! Triangles Appears

3. iTunes will say it found an iPhone that needs to be restored, click ok and then click restore. iTunes will then download 1.02 (or check to see if its on your machine) and update your iPhone. Wait till its finished.

4. Run wInstallerGUI.exe and click Jailbreak (it will jailbreak your phone) - close wInstaller

5. Run PACAY's (CLICK HERE) activate.bat

6. Run ibrickr.exe and choose Applications (it may have you set it up the PXL).

7. In ibrickr -> Applications -> Install from PXL

8. Choose anysim.pxl

9. Let it do its thing. Your iPhone lock itself when its done.

10. On the iPhone: Settings -> GENERAL -> Auto-Lock -> NEVER

11. Turn off iPhone Completely (hold on/off then slide the bar) - Turn it on again

12. Run the anysim.

13. Click Start

14. Let it RUN! It will tell you when it is "Complete"

15. When its done, Exit the program to the Springboard

16. Eject your simCard slot and do a Full turn off (hold on/off then slide the bar).

17. Put in your new simCard and turn the iPhone ON!

18. Run PACAY's activate.bat AGAIN (fix youtube again)

19. Run iBrickr again Applications-> on the RIght hand side on the iPhone thingie, click the minus next to unlock to uninstall it.

20. SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> NETWORK -> EDGE (ENTER YOUR EDGE SETTINGS)

DONE!

nioted

Jul 21, 2007
damnit i rebooted my phone and tried again, now it says cant find file to patch and I cant even use the phone. It doesn't find AT&T connection or my WIFI. I think I have to restore again!@

Giies

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I have one question before trying this out, if i fail to unlock the phone, will doing a restore with iTunes gonna resent my phone to original?

also, on step 20 you said "SETTINGS -> GENERAL -> NETWORK -> EDGE (ENTER YOUR EDGE SETTINGS)"

what you mean Edge setting, do you mean the setting from ATT sims card or the new one? Let said i use Tmobile for my new service, do i have to sign up for a data plan before i can use the internet on the iPhone?

psychoticpanda

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
New York
got this message:

Unlock Failure

The flash operation succeeded but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom.

damnit!
ditto, im just doing this to show off to my stupid friends who think i took 2 hours to do it and win a bet that i made with them :p

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
got this message:

Unlock Failure

damnit!
I got that same message, but I went in and checked the baseband with minicom, it was in fact unlocked! Apparently as long as it flashed it sounds like it worked... I think that the unlock commands failed due to some sort of missing dependency, but not 100% sure.

I got minicom configured and /dev/tty.baseband was responding happily to AT commands, scary, hehe. anyway, so...

I typed...

AT+CLCK="PN",2

and it said...

+CLCK: 0

That modem register supposedly means that the iPhone is unlocked.. So if the flash worked most likely you are sitting on an unlocked iPhone... of course when you change sims you will probably need to run some sort of activator, because I doubt iTunes will activate u.

sa6fz101

Sep 17, 2007
get a T-mobile signal when try for 911...haha.

used the anysim unlock today and get the same msg as everyonz getin but ven dialled '911'...an :mad: emergency call , it shows full signalz plus the
T-mobile with it.....it seems like its almost unlocked and recognizes the sim but as i hang up the signals are lost....:laugh2: ....can anybody enlighten me with the whole drama m goin through...thxxxx:oops:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Unlock Failure

damnit![/quote]

2Jaze

Aug 15, 2007
Got it to work the first time around, but I had to do a restore due to a faulty homescreen theme that just would not stop screwing everything up. Even though the restore supposedly brings everything back to factory, I haven't gotten anySIM to work since.

I used the anySIM only + copy "lockdownd" method, for the record. Suggestions? or is this it for me?

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
The only reason you would want to unlock it if you are an AT&T customer would be to use prepaid international sim cards if you travel outside the country.

danthelion

Oct 3, 2007
asklfdjasjkfa! i did this and i got everything to work but when anySIM was done patching, the phone said "Incorrect SIM" Please connect to iTunes to reactivate iPhone"

what does that mean!? i connected it to my comp and it didn't say anything about reactivating!

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
guys when u get this message

it means your phone is unlocked and ready to use DO NOT run anySim twice thats the worst thing u can do to your phone. i have locked 10 phones with the same message popping up and all were unlocked with no problems ... and i jus used the newer version of anySim doesnte ven give this error anymore.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Okay i just used anysim on my friends iPhone to use T-Mobile.... everything works but "EDGE" the internet only works when connected Via. WiFi